1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius c underseat main battery

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by priusmatty, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    PM = Proscribed Maintenance?

The cabin filter won't do much (if anything) to stop the battery fan dusting up. Maybe we're atypical, but most of the time were driving with the cabin ventilation system off, windows partially down and a Shiba Inu in the back seat area, lol.

2. priusmatty

priusmatty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    I Agree. I am just concerned because I will have my windows open much of the time.

3. davidc83

davidc83 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Five
    Gotcha, I never drive with the windows open. The car has AC and a fan in the hvac system. With multiple trips from Indiana to Florida and back, and now with 16,000+ miles on the odo, running with or without AC has neglible differences in the mpg.

priusmatty likes this.
  4. Jowj012c

Jowj012c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    The following images show what happened when I didn’t check and clean the battery cooling fan filter of my 2015 Prius C. I drive between 20-30hrs a week as a rideshare driver and clock around 1000kms week see.

Check my reply to the thread titled “cooling performance of the hybrid battery is low consult a dealer”.

Attached Files: