1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C vs Regular Prius

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by haramassive, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It is a good point of comparison, though. Some people om California have seem averages in the high 60s with the Gen 4. I am not there yet, but the weather here is much cooler.

2. Deogratias

Deogratias Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've gotten as high as 67 mpg and as low as 42 mpg in my gen 4. Driving style and weather play a huge role. So does terrain (my lowest mpg tanks all come while driving in very hilly or mountainous terrain).

I wanted to like the c, I really did. But it's just not as efficient as the gen 4 liftback is. You're getting a car with worse aerodynamics and older technology. Perhaps if you drive in town 90+% of the time and appreciate the ease of parking a smaller car, I can see the advantage. Otherwise, the liftback is bigger, more powerful, *and* easier on gas.

3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I remember reading the Prius c stood for city driving. It has a smaller engine than all the other members of the Prius family.

Got2bHam and Deogratias like this.
  4. Got2bHam

Got2bHam Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I agree! The size is my favorite quality of the smallest Prii. I haven't noticed any power issues yet.

5. davidc83

davidc83 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Five
    I have the 2015 Prius C Two. I really like the little car. Owned since Oct 31, 2015; bought new. I have 28,000 miles on it (yea I know, lots of miles, my daily commute is 80 miles and I have driven it to Florida from Indiana 4 times now). I don't have an issue with the seats, but for 16 years I drove Jeep Cherokees' (not the grand). For a small car, it is very good. Driving to and from Florida, with cruise set to 76mph, I have averaged 46 mpg. On my commute to work (it is also on the superslab), I don't use cruise and keep it at 65mph (not in a hurry in either direction), I have been averaging 52 mpg during the winter. Last summer, I averaged 56mpg. When I drive to town (10 miles in either direction, small county roads), averaging 40mph, I average 61-62mpg. With the passenger seats folded down, I have loaded deer in the back to take to the processor with plenty of room (125lb doe). I loaded a 90 lb doe in the back storage area without lowering the passenger seats. 0-60mph on flat road takes about 11-12 secs. I don't have trouble accessing the Interstate or merging but I know I am not driving a sports car and drive accordingly. Make sure you have speed if you hit hills with 5 or more % grade, if not, you will putt putt up the steep hills. Remember, it is a sub-compact car and don't expect luxury sedan qualities and you will like the little car.

a400ryan likes this.