1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Prius C VVTI performance upgrade

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by Max Taiwan, Mar 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Hi guys,

I'm introducing a custom designed upgrade VVTI seloniod valve that will activate your VVTI earlier giving you access to that well needed pickup horse power for the Prius C and also gaining better millage on highway speeds. Please contact me if you are interested.
    Price is around $150 plus shipping international quotes to be determined.

SFO and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    this will make it easier to merge into highway traffic (y)

3. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    You are on the ball! That is exactly what it will help with. I'm going to see how to do this payment thing on PayPal for you guys who want it.

4. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Getting quotes from the post office for registerd and for who want it ASAP the EMS! let me know where you are and I'll compile a list when I go to the post office. My PayPal is nearly up and running and for who are in Canada I can receive via etransfer!

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Some discussion of this item has occurred over here.

SFO and Prodigyplace like this.
  6. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    IF......your C is still under warranty......you need to think long and HARD about doing anything like this.

P.S. Isn't there some procedure to follow here to become an advertising vendor ??

knockknock_2 likes this.
  7. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Right, I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

knockknock_2 likes this.
  8. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I wouldn't worry about the warranty much ... I think under Magnuson-Moss, Toyota can't stiff you for any problem they can't show is attributable to the valve. Worst case I can see here is if the valve doesn't work, engine runs poorly with the wrong intake timing and you get a DTC telling you the valve doesn't work, and you put a working one in.

More likely, the valve does work, and so the engine runs under closed-loop control by the ECM, exactly as it does with a valve that is not red, and your MPG improves because you're no longer carrying the weight of that $150 in your pocket.

9. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You mis-understood.
    What if this new part DID cause some internal problem with the engine ?
    In that case, you can kiss your warranty GOODBYE.

10. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm not positive I misunderstood anything. Just responding to your implicit (now explicit) suggestion that there's a way for an OCV to do that.

Well, I guess I can think of one, if the valve is metallurgically awful or poorly machined to the point that it sheds fragments into the oil circulation. That would be a good thing to avoid.

Other than that, I'd say your expected downside from a bum OCV will be a poorly running engine and a DTC telling you it would run better with a working OCV.

Max Taiwan likes this.
  11. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Agree with Chapman here. You won't lose time(as in thiming) if the valve doesn't work. I don't think our engine is zero clearance. If were a VW 2.0TSI is out of time with a skip chain then its goodbye valves and goodbye engine.
    I am having great results so far. Last night I did try to run a video. so bloody dangerous on the road. I'm going to look for some farm road or industrial road to use at night.
    I'll ask the manufacture to test every unit that goes abroad again off the line, making sure we don't waste time and money sending the red stick back and forth.
    I hope I can bring this to you guys soon.

12. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Hi Sam i understand your concern. But like Chapman mentioned this part even if its a dud will not damage your valve or hurt your engine.
    Let me tell you my mistake I made that will put you at ease.
    1st time i tried to take off my OEM seloniod I couldn't fit my tool between the 10mm nut and the dipstick. So I drove to get a wrench... about 2km. Not very far away with a mix of ICE and electric... now when I got my tool(singular) I parked nicely and waited a bit for the engine to cool down.
    I opened the hood and was thinking about just unplugging the connector while waiting for the engine to cool down a bit.
    Well you might have guessed what I forgot to plug back in before I went trotting around to get the wrench.
    My C ran fine without check engine light or even noticed it running rough while the whole time seloniod was not connected to the ECU. Granted I didn't have to go on the highway to get the wrench. But like Chapman said if its a dud seloniod you will just be getting rough running.

13. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    If valve dont work you send it back to me and I'll return it to the manufacture and refund your purchase.

14. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Regarding warrenty! It just came to me now! Although my vehicle is 2013 with only 40k km. I got it from a Toyota certified used vehicle dealership. So I do have 2 years and 40k km power train warrenty package on it that comes with every sale. I didn't think too long and hard about it. What ever happens I got warrenty, just swap out the new part and put in the OEM back in and ask them to come pick it up.
    But obviously I researched the function of a seloniod before I went ahead and make sure that others have already used them and no one had a issue plus the way it works explains why worst case scenario, I just take it out and put the old one back in if I didn't feel a difference and ask for a refund.

15. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
  16. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Hi guys preliminary shipping cost for Canada and USA is $11 for international registered. Arrival estimate is 14 days.
    I will ask for EMS tomorrow which will arrive in the same week. The fastest I've received was 3 working days when my sister sent me a parcel via EMS from Taiwan to Canada.

17. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Max,

We invite prospective vendors to contact @Danny to arrange for an agreement to sell your products on this site. At this moment, this is no longer a private sales but a commercial one and thus it will be closed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Max Taiwan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.