1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C, Whats your take on the interior size?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Cryson, May 19, 2012.

1. Cryson

Cryson New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am currently looking at getting my first car, I am trying to decide between getting a 2012 Prius II or a 2012 Prius C III, I am trying to justify the lower cost of $21,000 MSRP Prius C III to the $24,000 Prius II. I like saving the extra money, especially since I will try to talk them down on both models. Is there enough room in the Prius C? I do have a daughter (1 year old) so I wanted to see if you guys think a car seat will even fit in the back of a Prius C model?

I will be going to test drive one on Friday, but would like some thoughts, such as the above car seat, spacious room inside or is it cramped, etc. The exterior isn't really a biggie for me.

2. PriusCinBlack

PriusCinBlack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, the c will do just fine for your current situation. If your family gets much larger, you might start having problems, or if you're trying to haul a large amount of stuff. But, a one-year-old in a carseat will fit just fine in the c.

I don't have any kids yet, but am thinking in that direction and wanted to make sure, myself, that there wouldn't be any space problems. It'll fit two adults and a little one very easily. It's also a Top Safety Pick now!

3. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Interior cargo room in plentiful! Great for a kid in the back! Or fold the seats down when more room is needed.

4. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Of course, test drive both and see which you like best!

1 person likes this.
  5. pinzvidz

pinzvidz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Took the demonstrator C (i-Tech - luxury level in Australia) we have at work home this weekend to show a customer. Also let the wife have a drive, but found our newborn's Maxi-Cosi baby capsule taking up a lot of space in the back seat, centre position. Had to move both front seats forward a fair way. Wife loved the C, she currently drives a '10 TCH.

So if you're looking at a C, wait until your kids are in forward facing baby seats...

6. Surrylic

Surrylic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I can't respond on regarding baby car seat sizes, but I think the C has a decent amount of room. especially once the kid is in a front facing seat or out of one altogether. Its not as big as the standard Prius of course, but for me its big enough. And in your situation with a baby, once their car seat fits it'll be plenty big enough. Might be rough for someone over 6ft in the back though, if you plan on driving tall friends and family around! I'm only 5'8" and had plenty of room in the back seat, without moving the front drivers seat at all.

7. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have the C and the 3G

The C is a bit cramped for a rear facing carrier in the middle
    I am fine at 5'6" in the drivers seat, but the passenger is a bit cramped with knee/leg room
    from the glove box.

With the 3G, you get more leg room, so everything is fine.

Just take into consideration that after your daughter goes forward facing,
    you will not have to worry about that.

The C gives us about 5-10mpg more over the 3G which may translate
    into high numbers if you drive a lot of miles.
    You can work the mpg a bit easier and higher in the C

Both are nice, and both are our first toyota prius (had scion last, which we loved)

8. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The leg room in the back of the c is gone with the front seats all the way back. If you have a family I would think you would want something with room for the future needs of growing children.

9. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    For you current situation, likely a C is fine. What is your 5 year or 10 year outlook? Will you have more kids? Pets that will travel with you? How long do you typically keep your cars? If you plan on having more kids and you keep your car for 10 years, I'd recommend a Prius 2 liftback over the Prius C. If you are more of a 3 year car person, the Prius C would be fine.

Do remember that babies come with a LOT of kit, (stroller, play pen, diaper bag, chilled bag for baby food/milk, toys, changes of clothes, etc) so you will need your room in the back hatch area.

1 person likes this.
  10. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Decided to reply to this thread from the OP, though he had another post here on priuschat.

Money is king in any discussion as to the best car. It really depends on how long someone is wanting to keep a car. Some want a new care every 2 to 4 years. Have no kids here, but loved having no car payments for 6 out of the 9 years that I owned my Baja.

I have yet to test drive a Prius C, but I was in love with the GenIII Prius after the first test drive and the CVT transmission. So smooth, just press on the gas peddle and no "bumps" in the rpms as I was used to.

There are many reasons to buy a new car. Wanting something new, some issues that will cost in the long term, or changes in needs. Internal and extra factors.

In my case my car choices since 1992 have been a 1992 Ford Ranger that served me well. It was in 1994 that I met my ex that loved the flash of new cars more than I did, but got caught up in that somewhat. That led me to the 1996 Toyota Camry Coupe. Being forced off the road by an idiot not paying attention cost me two sets of tires. The VW New Beetle came out and lusted after it, my ex's love of new cars got me in the mood - so I bought a 1999 New Beetle. It was fun to drive but VW quality sucked.

Then there was 9/11, and was facing added expenses of the New Beetle; and uncertainty of where things were going economically. I traded the New Beetle for a 2001 Honda Civic coupe. A nice car, but not as comfortable as I would have liked.

Feeding in to the good choices in vehicles as related to trade in value, I was then led in to the 2003 Subaru Baja in 2003. In 2005 my ex and I split, and the cycle was broken. :D I kept the Baja till about March of this year.

In the end it was my choice with my new fiancé, that repairs that I was facing with the Baja that a new car was in my future. My fiancé is nothing like my ex, he is grounded in keeping his Yaris for as long as possible. And my Prius is a good counter to his ride.

In the end we both are wanting to keep our cars for a very long time. The money we save doing so helps us in doing the things we love....

1 person likes this.
  11. PriusCguy

PriusCguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    It's pretty close to the interior of my previous car. 2008 Honda Fit Sport. It is definitely wider than the Fit.

12. gasmiser1

gasmiser1 EV Wantabee

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm 6'2" and have sat in the driver seat and back seat of the "C" without issue. Roomier than it looks from the outside.