1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius c Winter tires

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Skiaddict98, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Skiaddict98

Skiaddict98 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    hi everyone,

i bought a 2013 prius c last february after my 2005 golf TDi was a total loss. The problem is, i had brand new 195 65r15 winter tires for it that got half a season of use.

Would the tires fit on my prius, or would i be better off selling them and finding 175 65r15 winters for the prius?
    My concern mostly would be rubbing while turning.

2. Motov8r

Motov8r Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That's about an inch taller tire than stock. Would you be running these on stock wheels? I think they would probably clear. You could have a tire place mount 1 of them and try it.

iPhone ?

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Maybe sell em?

4. TheTimob

TheTimob Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'd sell them on craigslist and get some new ones. 195 is wider than stock. If anything - for winter you want thinner or the same as stock - look at rally cars that run in the snow. Skinny tires cut through the ice and snow like pizza cutters - helping you maintain directional control.

I got new 14" steel wheels (that's right - minus one) so I could get even skinnier tires, so I just swap them out in few minutes when the first snowstorm is forecast in the winter.