1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C Working Progress

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by fun420fun, Mar 12, 2013.

1. fun420fun

fun420fun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Alpine SPR-60C
    Alpine SPR-60
    Alpine PDX-V9
    Audio Control LC7i
    Boston G2 12"
    Back-Up Cam
    Dynamat Xtreme 36 sq.ft.
    Center Dome Light + LED
    LED Floor lights
    Navi Speed Lock Bypass

amp.jpg batt.jpg batt2.jpg batt3.jpg batt4.jpg dome.jpg dome2.jpg dome3.jpg fl_door.jpg fl_door2.jpg fl_door3.jpg fl_door4.jpg fl_door5.jpg fr_door.jpg fr_door2.jpg fr_door3.jpg fr_door4.jpg fr_door5.jpg g2_12.jpg gps_lock.jpg gps_lock2.jpg lc7i.jpg lc7i2.jpg led_dome.jpg led_dome2.jpg led_dome3.jpg led_dome4.jpg led_floor.jpg led_floor2.jpg led&cam.jpg led&cam2.jpg radio.jpg rc1.jpg rc2.jpg rc3.jpg rc4.jpg roof.jpg rr_door.jpg rr_door2.jpg rr_door3.jpg swire.jpg swire2.jpg swire3.jpg switches.jpg

2. norahs

norahs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    nice!! can i ask what backup camera you got? i like how it doesn't take away one of the license plate lights.

was the navi lock override an easy install? did you buy from priuschat?

3. fun420fun

fun420fun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

Thanks! the cam is DP VIDEO DBC466 Vehicle Rear View Camera i got from frys. its a nice fit, no cutting or drilling. the navi lock i made it with CPROAUDIO instructions. Anyone interested in how to bypass the factory navigation speed lock? | PriusChat. it was fairly easy to install it took a little time.

4. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm try to figure out how do you hold the backup camera? Close pic please?

I like the Center Dome Light + LED and the LED Floor lights also. how do you do it?

5. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    +1

6. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    amazing, amazing work. love the centre dome light + LED floor lights. how hard was that to do? how did you remove the headliner?

i was also thinking of sound deadening the car - but i'm not very handy. how'd you approach doing it? looks like you were pretty light on the doors.

7. fun420fun

fun420fun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    i used double sided tape, i also flipped and bent the bracket a bit.
    double sided tape.png rc5.jpg rc6.jpg

the center dome light was a pain. removing the headliner was a puzzle. after removing all the oh-$hit bars and all the panels, headliner was stuck in the car i had to bend and telt to remove it out of the car. the floor leds were easy. the front led under the driver has +/- connected to the dome, the other end is connected to the other three leds which are basically T'ed.
    led_dia.jpg led_floor3.jpg led_floor5.jpg led_floor7.jpg led_floor8.jpg

the 36 sq.ft. Dynamat weighs about 20lbs. i did the inside and the back side of the doors, it doesent look like much in the pics. i also Dynamat all the plastic panels in the car. it works perfect keeping vibration outs and some road noise. i was thinking of using some of the spray, but no need.

8. Priusxrs

Priusxrs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    How hard was the lc7 to install/hook up. I have the lc6i that im planning on installing once i get 2 nice days. Day 1 coilovers day 2 will be electrical

SGH-T889 ? 2

9. fun420fun

fun420fun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    lc7i was simple to install. If you have the six speaker, it was hard finding the front speaker channel. its from the tweeters n they have 4 wires. i wish i had tapped in from behind the radio. i did not use the line in channel 3 but I did connect the RCA out so that the sub gets its own channel. its better to use lc7i because of AccuBass. Most factory stereos drop the base frequency when you raise the volume. AccuBass keeps your base frequency going. just make note that things always dont go how u want it to go.

lc7i3.jpg

10. 2015Prius2

2015Prius2 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Clean install, I like how you took the time to run the speaker wire through the molex plug, I did the same.

11. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    When you say the Floor LEDs were connected to the dome, do you mean the wire ran up to the top of the car where the dome lights are? How is it connected to the dome? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I'd love to do those led lights :) do they only turn on when the doors open and close? That's exactly what i want to do.

Also, where did you get the second dome light from?

12. fun420fun

fun420fun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

Thank you. Yes, I taped the wires from the domelight on the roof and run wires down to the floor. The leds turn on and off just like dome light. I did put a separate switch for "dome(on)-all(off)-all(on)". The 2ed dome light i got from junk yard.

13. fun420fun

fun420fun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
  14. Hartish Khoobarry

Hartish Khoobarry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi..where did pass all the RCA Wires??
    Did you pass then in a straight line from front to back?