1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Prius Challenge Looking For Hyper-Milers

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Prius Team, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The winner crunched around the track at 85 miles per gallon. Not one of the drivers actually drives a Prius in real life.

Eh? There are several from PriusChat in attendance!

Raytheeagle likes this.
  2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I believe they were referring to the "winning" team. I was talking to one of their members during the "networking" portion of the event. 2 of them were Mazda Miata racers and they had a Gen 1 Miata trailered that was track ready in the parking lot.

As someone who saw my mother in law drive a 1990 Gen 1 Miata for 375000 miles before selling it off, what they had on the trailer was lean and mean ;).

When I showed up to the track I was slightly early and the attendant at the entrance gate asked if he could help. I was in our 2010 Barcelona Red Prius II and I replyed "isn't it obvious:rolleyes:?"

He said most of the people through the gates before me were not in a Prius, but more high end cars. In the lot around where I parked were several Jaguars, Porsches, Mazerati's, etc. but there was a fair showing of Prii in the lot.

But I maybe wrong on my interpretation of the story, as the California media always has an interesting understanding of the truth:oops:.

Tideland Prius likes this.