1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Chat.com store issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by brettg, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    7 days from when you order product to the time you receive it is not bad. I received the main part that I needed in 5 days.

The only issue is when your order from Prius Chat you never know when you will receive it because the do not give tracking numbers. On the fifth day I had no idea it was going to arrive. I had no idea it ever shipped.

I demanded a tracking number for all the hassles and received it with in an hour of receiving the product. That is not a good thing.

2. Schmullis

Schmullis New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, there's some strange comfort in knowing that Danny & Nicole provide the same (lack of) customer service to others. I've had the "opportunity" to "enjoy" them ignoring my emails. I had no idea that all they do it order the parts from other suppliers. I've been waiting since July 16 to get a BT Tech chassis plate and MFD sun hood. Got one reply from Nicole saying they weren't on back order, but haven't heard again in 10 days. Good thing I paid with AMEX as I can now report them as fraud & theft of services and get AMEX to credit me back. What a sad way for them to run a business.

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    " ... all they do ..." Oh, so running drop shipments are a cake walk. Maybe my wife & I had better pack up & go out of business, because we've suffered untold headaches operating our businesses ... which are only compounded by increased sales. How many dollars per year in business DO you do ... I seem to have missed that. Our stuff (after everything is expensed) only yields about 2% on a 7 number figure ... but what do we know. Incidently welcome to PC. PC members tend to get to know e/other after enough correspondence, and years of time ... much less if you get to meet 'em in person. I've had that pleasure w/ D & N. But if they were flinging 'fraud' labels as flippantly as someone's 8th post does ... a couple weeks after joining PC, I'd probably pass up a chance to meet w/ them. Wouldn't want to be labeled a fraud co-conspirator, I guess.

oh oh, beware ... I sense another co-constirator
    ;)

4. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hill you are way of base with your comments. Bad customer service is bad customer service. It needs addressed.

I work for a Fortune 500 company that does 18 billion in sales. Our number one goal is customer service. It’s a service based company like Prius Chat. We do not make anything. That level of gross sales grew over the years because we treated our customer’s right.

Ignoring customer’s emails, refusing to give tracking numbers, and defending their bad actions is a sure path to failure.

It does not matter if it’s your first day on this site or you have meet D & N many times. Any business that treats its customers in this matter is WRONG.

If I did not receive a response within 1 week of placing my order I was also going to make a claim with my credit card company. That is normal behavior when the level of trust is diminished like it has been with many that have posted in this tread.

5. ggarb

ggarb Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought the BT Tech Strut Tower Brace last fall, but didn't get time to install it until a couple of weeks ago. Wouldn't you know it, it seems to be one of the malformed ones - the relay box won't fit back on the car if the brace is installed. I've sent emails to Danny and to Betsy at BT Tech directly, but no response so far.

Danny posted here on May 19 <http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-main-forum/61677-priuschat-has-lost-dear-friend-brian-bt-tech.html#post852048> that he spoke with Betsy and "she has decided to continue on with the BT Tech business and will continue to offer the products that Brian put so much time and effort into."

So I have faith that we'll still see BT Tech products in the PriusChat Shop, and also that Danny will settle in and iron out the glitches in the the shop.

6. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Gordon,

I actually returned my last BT Tower Strut brace on April 8th (signature confirmed) of this year because it had two right side brackets with it instead of a right and a left. Unfortunately, the replacement still has not shipped.

I simply don't think Betsy is going to continue to work on a company her husband created but I could be wrong on that one. I simply think it would be difficult. I have PM's into both of them but have not heard anything on the subject. Danny also said he is working on a supplier for the Tom's parts for PriusChat which supplies many of the same parts as BT.

As for your BT Tower Strut brace ... after 4 of them having been shipped to me I finally figured out the issue. It is not the "bend" of the bar itself that is causing the clearance issue with the inverter coolant tank lid. It is actually the brackets themselves!!!! This was quite difficult to find because we spent sooooo much time specing angles and measuring distances.

As it turns out the 3 "legs" of the mounting brackets are simply to short and do not give the bar enough clearance over the inverter coolant tank. If I would have received a replacement I planned on taking it over to the shop and having them weld another 1/4" on the bottom of each bracket leg to give me the clearance I needed. If you wanted to you could probably even just put a couple washers under each leg and get the clearance you need.

I don't know if this will help the fuse box mounting that you describe but it may. You might want to give it a shot since I do think it unlikely you will receive a replacement.

Happy driving,
    Chris

1 person likes this.
  7. Schmullis

Schmullis New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Addendum.

Hill, take a chill pill dude. As noted by another person, customer service and communication in business is key to customer satisfaction. [FYI, since you asked, I'm CFO at a half billion $ division of a fortune 400 and have been CFO at two other companies, so know a little bit about customer service, since order entry and customer service at my company reports to me.] One of our mantras is "Exceptional Customer Service yields Intense Customer Loyalty".

Long periods of "radio silence" by Danny & Nicole leads someone to belive that something strange is going on, especially since your credit card gets charged right away. Being new to Prius Chat, I must have missed where on the Prius Chat Shop, it says that it's a drop ship business and gives customers the notice to be patient.

So here's the net: After my post above and similar emails to Danny & Nicole, they jumped right on this and both sent me reply emails and gave excellent customer service. Bravo guys! Much appreciated. As it also turns out, right after those emails to them, the vendors shipped that same day.

So, everyone take a deep breath and let it out (everyone Hill! lol). BTW, I did go directly to ProClip to get the iPhone 3Gs holder (it was back ordered and they only charged me two weeks after the order was placed when it shipped). I'm having the BT Tech plate installed tomorrow (I didn't buy the allen wrench socket adapter, silly me!). BTW, I saw on eBay that you can buy an almost identical chassis stiffening plate called the G7 made of the same aircraft grade aluminum for only $ 39 +$10 shipping vs. $ 169 for the BT.....

So, all's well, peace.....

8. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    While I've had no problems with my shipments (other than having no idea when I might receive them) I agree with what you say.

I agree 100%. I've been hesitant to do business with them as a result of the problems that many have posted and the lack of timely response to other's inquiries. Normally, I strike such companies from my vendor list immediately.

I would hope they would use all of this feedback to improve their business to what is considered a reputable industry norm.

9. ggarb

ggarb Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm disappointed that Danny hasn't participated in this thread lately.

10. blueumbrella

blueumbrella Member of Prius Regeneration

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Judgeless I know your pain. I had a similar ugly experience with PriusChat Shop. Infrequent communication with very poor customer service. I finally canceled my order after 2 months. Of course I could get no response after sending several e-mails requesting a refund. Fortunately my credit card company took immediate action and returned my money. Lesson learned.

The recent poll asking about PruisChat problems showed close to 40% percent of people responding had problems. I would guess this is low.

If PruisChat Shop is not able to carry on business as usual because of personal problems (moving?), why not post this information on their website so customers do not expect business as usual? This falls right in line with why there are so many complaints. No communication.

Listen to what so many people are saying. Lack of communication plays a major role in every single complaint that people have made. They do not receive responds to inquiries at all or the responses are so infrequent they feel ignored. You cannot run a business this way, for very long.

I wish the PruisChat Shop the best, but I share my cautionary tale with those who will listen.

1 person likes this.
  11. jrjrdinh

jrjrdinh New Member

Model:
    II
    I ordered an exactmat from Priuschat and they sent me the wrong mat because I wanted to get the uni mat for the back. I also paid the extra fee for uni mat as well.

I contacted PriusChat but never got a reply back, I kinda gave up.

I still would love to get the unimat now though.

12. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I strongly recommend that when people do not get responses they start filing discrepancies with their credit card company.

After 10-15 reports Prius Chat Store will lose their credit card privileges. I am 100% for supporting a small business trying to make it in these bad times. Treating customers in this matter is not a good example of a small business trying to make it.

13. Brentley

Brentley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I recently ordered some items from the store and they came quite promptly with a minimum of fuss.

my question about colors of some weather tech matts has gone un answered long enough that I will most likley being going directly to weather tech for that order.