1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Chat Shop - Bad Customer Service

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Lavigna, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Lavigna

Lavigna New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey all,

I recently purchased an auto dimming rear view mirror w/ Homelink for my new 2014 Prius on Prius Chat - Shop. I had a local shop install the unit, and they confirmed it was defective. The garage door opener worked, but the dimming function was totally non functional. This is a professional who did the installation and diagnosed the unit as defective.

I sent an email through the Contact page, and did receive a reply. The reply requested an RO from me. I wrote back and said I did not have an RO. Since then, I cannot get anyone to reply back to me. I simply want to return the defective unit, or exchange it for another one.

Can anyone give me a hand in getting through to someone else in SHOP? Any help would be much appreciated. This is an expensive part, and I don't think it is right that I g

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Danny, the site owner, has been really busy with a large East Coast Prius gathering in Boston. Send him an email and he will get back with you shortly. Be patient.

3. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    That's right. Danny manages the PriusChat Shop web site. He dos NOT fulfill orders.

That's up to the vendors. Some are efficient. Others are slow and unresponsive.

I considered selling my custom products in the PriusChat Shop, but it did not fit my needs.

My products change continuously. They are custom made in very very small quantities.

I do NOT offer anything, unless I can ship on the same or next business day.

So, availability and the speed of delivery does NOT depend on Danny's participation.

It depends on the efficiency and attention paid by the vendors selling in the PriusChat Shop.

4. Lavigna

Lavigna New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Danny has been in touch with me since returning. Everything has been worked out, and I am very grateful to him for all the help.

I will be gladly ordering more parts from Prius Chat Shop in the near future. Thanks again Danny!

retired4999 and usnavystgc like this.
  5. Phil Wheeler

Phil Wheeler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Good to know. I ordered one Item from Prius Chat Shop (front window sun shade, or whatever it's called) and I'm very happy with it.