1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Clicking Noise Under Dashboard

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ERNISPRIUS31404, Aug 7, 2013.

1. ERNISPRIUS31404

ERNISPRIUS31404 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello I own a 2004 Toyota Prius with 129,600 miles. There is a clicking noise under the dashboard. I took it to the local Toyota service and they say it has something to do with the AC door?? What are they talking about? Price tag to repair about $700.00. Does anyone have this same sound and problem like me. Please let me know what I can do to SAVE MONEY. Thank you.

2. MPGnutcase

MPGnutcase Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    When does the clicking happen? Mine clicks when I turn it off but still sitting in the car that's normial it is picking up the FOB

3. ERNISPRIUS31404

ERNISPRIUS31404 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    this is the exact detailed information from the dealer. (1) Blend door motor malfunction/rec. servor motor for A/C & heater. When the ignition is on, the clicking noise is consistent. My key fob is inserted into the slot however it doesn't work the doors to unlock/lock or operate the alarm anymore. It does allow the car to turn on. When I turn off the ignition, the clicking stops. Have any ideas?? Thank you for answering my inquiry.

4. Pdaddy

Pdaddy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am having a blend door issue as well but with no heat as a result and they say they need to replace the heater unit at $2900. Was your issue corrected? Did they have to remove the dash?