1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Computer Animated Simulation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ericbecky, Jul 26, 2004.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It exists, but in this case it's too small to make any difference to anyone or anything. It's less than one molecule of water in the ocean. It's less than one electron out of all the mass of the universe. It's less than the I.Q. of W.

2. Hot_georgia_2004

Hot_georgia_2004 New Member

I'm Steve and creator of that crazy animation.
    Any suggestions for the next Hybrid action animation?

From a new member here, thanks for the comments, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Great work Steve and funny too!

i was thinking of something along the lines of...

a race bwtween the Prius and other gas guzzling cars. The race begins as the gas guzzlers pull out to the early lead. but as each runs out of gas, the Prius seems to grow bigger and bigger as it zooms by another car stalled on the side of the road until its the only one left running.

4. Hot_georgia_2004

Thanks Dave.
    Actually I was thinking along those lines:
    Prius, HCH, Insight, Rail car and a gas hog in a race.
    I'd have to build the other cars: not sure which way I'll go.

5. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Don't forget some sort of rice rocket car! Ricers are so proud of their speedy cars... the downside to their speed is gas milage that matches their 0-60 times. Heh.

And yes, I too loved your animation! It was hilarious to watch it leap and then crash and burn. Had mixed feelings of "oh no! Poor Prius!" and "Yay! Look at that spectacular crash! Such destruction!" You get two thumbs up from Da Buggy One! :mrgreen:

PS. would you mind posting here when you finish your next one? Pretty please? Thankies! 8)

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Having the other cars pull out ahead at the start gives the impression that the Prius is underpowered. Mine takes off like a bat out of hell if I floor it. Definitely not underpowered.

Here's my suggestion: Not a race at all, but just a street, perhaps residential, with various cars appearing for a while and then turning off. They are all driving as people drive. Stop signs, etc. But here's the kicker: the other cars all make a lot of noise and the Prius is silent. Some of them are very noisy hot rods. Some are normal cars. Some are late-model, relatively quiet. But from time to time the Prius is the only car in view, and then it's absolutely quiet. Maybe a bird chirping, or the faint sound of children singing. Then it's all drowned out as another car appears and its engine noise is once again all we hear.

7. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

The next Prius animation, as seen by Brad

and then we all join hands, stand in a circle and let our voices be heard...

"We are the world..... we are the children..."

Hehe. Good idea Daniel. Just couldn't resist a smartass remark.

If you wanted this next animation to be funnier, make it more real world. As Daniel said, because of the torque the Prius DOES take off like a bat out of hell. Show a line up of cars on a track. Monstrous revs, a hot rod with flames coming out the exhaust... DEAD silence for the Prius. Flag or light or whatever and they're off. The Prius jackrabbits right off the bat and the rest come up and easily catch/some pass around "25-35" mph. As they pass maybe some little sound bytes like "Haha... woo hybrid" "Loser!" etc. Cut away and come back with a caption like "20 laps later or 10 minutes later" or whatnot, have the rods and the hummers and all the others start to drop like flies, sputtering and limping along the road. Perhaps some soundbytes "from" the Prius like "Leaving so soon?" and the like.
    Depending on how far your talent reaches perhaps then a pan up showing an oval/rectangular track, the Prius sped up to extreme levels and morph the blurry image of the Prius on the track into some combination of the Toyota logo or the Hybrid Synergy Drive logo.

Just the way I see it. :)

Loved the first one and hope to see many more to come!

8. Hot_georgia_2004

I've began my next one but only have a limited time to work on it, I've came up with a basic plotless story line and I think all you Prius pilots will like it.

Hint:
    It's NOT a day at the races but I'll surely post it here when finished.
    Please give me a month or so to build and do everything.

9. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sweet! Looking forward to it!