1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Connection Toronto

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ea8631, Feb 14, 2009.

1. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    [​IMG]

we have pre collision with laser cruise control but no lane keep assistance. we also didn't have plasmacluster interior filter.

more photo will post tonight....

2. Corellon

Corellon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I wouldn't really base the the possible packages based on the models they had there, unless you actually got the packages from the rep?

One of the cars on display had the IPA and Adaptive Cruise control along with the Solar Panel and Sunroof, though it would be great if that was a canadian option, I'd give up LKA to get sunroof and Adaptive cruise control (plus LED lights which neither model had, but was confirmed for canada) in the same package.

One thing that was wierd though is when we asked one of the reps about the bladder tank and the 2010 we were told it had the bladder still... Conflict of info from what's come out of the states?

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ooooh.... PCS and radar cruise!! with solar panels? Interesting... Yeah I'd like the LEDs too and I'd give up LKA for LEDs if I had to choose between the two.

DRCC is nice, I can live without PCS but Toyota seems to be bundling the two.

There is no bladder. The bladder was removed after the Prius (look at every other Toyota/Lexus hybrid) so it's obvious they've found another solution to get AT-PZEV (e.g. in the Camry Hybrid) without using the bladder.

I guess I'll delete the other PC Toronto thread lol.

Edit: Did the models have 15 or 17" alloys? I also wonder where they got the vehicles from. They may not be representative of the full packages either.

4. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    Tideland Prius:
    you can merge all of them into one thread?......

Here is more pics:

the window sticker and the new vehicle info statement for the prius with IPA and Adaptive Cruise control (which is didn't show anything)....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    tire and id tag for the same prius...
    [​IMG]
    the same prius:
    [​IMG]
    the same prius dash pic:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    another close up pic for the steering (notice there is adaptive cruise button but no LKA button):
    [​IMG]
    the emblem on the same prius (notice it is different then the second one without the Adaptive Cruise control and Pre collision:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    looks like the canadian market prius are using 0w20 engine oil:
    [​IMG]
    the prius are in action (notice the daytime running light are the high beam in low voltage):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the pics! Hmm, yeah it seems like the LEDs, 17" alloys and foglights come as a package. That Blue Ribbon is car number 17!!! It's also fairly loaded. It's only missing the 17/LED/fog combo (not counting LKA since it wasn't included).

Interesting... cause from the outside, the Prius doesn't look any different from the base model (aside from the moonroof which is the most obvious. Joe Public won't notice the emblems or the clearance sensors.)

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was also hoping that the indicators in the bumper would be DRLs. Oh well, reduced intensity high beam is ok too.

7. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Am I missing something or is this car contradicting what was said by Toyota regarding the combination of Sunroof, advanced tech package, and 17" wheels requiring substantial re-engineering?

8. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The blue car in the pictures has 15 inch wheels and sunroof.

9. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The posts above seem to be indicating there was a model there with SR, IPA, and ACC combined. Doesn't seem to say whether it was the blue car or whether it also had 17" wheels.

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It also has DRCC, IPA and PCS.

One of the pics show the steering wheel with the radar cruise button and if you look in the background, you'll see the Solar Panel toggle button.

11. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    So, other than possibly having to test 2 different models for the U.S. mpg testing, that would seem to confirm no substantial re-engineering is needed, and the weight issues are not a serious impediment to offering SR and AT together in the U.S.

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I mentioned in the other thread that maybe there is a weight range that the EPA imposes that validates the mpg reading (i.e. so that the manufacturer can't send in the base model which is the lightest one to get the best mpg and then sell the majority of the cars which weigh 1000lbs more).

13. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Of course Toronto isn't in the USA so does a Canadian car need to meet the same standards as a US car?

14. Corellon

Corellon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Both cars at the toronto show were blue, both had only 15" wheels and no LED's.

Both had sunroofs and solar panels.

One of them had DRCC, IPA, PCS w/ 15" and non-led Headlights but with a solar panel.

They go against everything that's been said about the packages so far, and I doubt the canadian market would get something the US doesn't, so my guess is both cars are just show prototypes built (They did say the blue with the DRCC and solar was hand built) to show all possible features rather then possible canadian models.

As for the combination of the packages I think it has to do with MPG, not really wieght restricted per say, but I think if the top end model (Assuming it had 17" solar, LED and DRCC, etc) had more then x% of a difference in MPG then the base model it would either have to be tested in it's own right, advertised as not meeting the same level and require more work in general. They might only be allowed to divert from the MPG rating by X% without having to advertise and test the top end seperately from the base.

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    yes and no. It's usually cheaper because the US is a much larger (10x) market than us so to have the US standards equipped on our vehicles is probably a better business case than removing them because something isn't required in Canada.

However, we do have different bumper standards so that has to be met as well as daytime running lights must be installed. French labels are also required. This is one reason why the old Jetta Wagon and the 04-05 Echo Hatchback had rather huge... umm... rear bumpers.

Good point, it's possible. I'm surprised in that case that LKA wasn't included. That could mean that they don't have any intention of offering that here.