1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Dealer Visit and Follow Through

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Swaroop Handal, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Swaroop Handal

Swaroop Handal New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello, I recently made a post about my Prius which was experiencing some troubles with the EV system and something else. I took it to a dealer today and I was given two error codes that I have attached below and a battery status. The dealer says that the problem is in the Anti-Lock Brake System, and wants me to purchase a new battery. The link to my post where I described my problem in full detail is here. These are some pictures of the results that I got, they also include the error codes that must have occurred that day as well. Any advice about how to proceed further is greatly appreciated, thank you!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how old is the 12v?

just because the ecu isn't getting proper voltage doesn't mean it is necessarily the battery. a fresh battery will certainly tell you that, but may not be worth it unless yours is 5 or 6 years old.

Montgomery likes this.
  3. Doug McC

Doug McC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    If you don’t trust that dealership why did you go there to begin with?