1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius debadging

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by RootBreaker, Jul 14, 2014.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well I know this is so minor and stupid but I like debadging things... Never knew the hate for the Prius until I saw all those stickers, etc... so figured hey just take the Prius badge off the back...
    well I did so today and it came right off.. so I then put it back on as there are 2 holes..... GRRRR WHY TOYOTA!!!!! would have been a no brainer if no holes.

so anyone remove theirs? what did you do with the holes? figure I may just stick another sticker over it..

maybe TwinTurbo hahahahahaaaaaa

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There are a couple threads already. .. use the search function above to find them. If it wasn't for the holes mine would be badge less a long time ago.

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    gotcha thanks.. I did search but didnt find anything... will search again...

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    after checking there is only 1 other 2014 prius debadge question and it was if the holes are there or not. Yes they are.. so I checked other year ones and people asked what to paint with.. ok plastidip... but I want to remove totally and do something with the holes.. not sure what...
    maybe bullet hole stickers.. hah

5. C.R.E.A.M.

C.R.E.A.M. Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    someone here sealed the holes with silicone. I did the same and painted the dried silicone with the Blizzard Pearl touch up paint pens. I need to re-do it because it doesn't look as good as I thought it would. I like the badgeless look but its not as perfect as paying a body shop to fill the holes/weld them and repaint the entire car. Do what you can afford I guess.

here's mine. if you get up close it doesn't look that great. But from far away you cant tell
    IMG_1774.JPG

6. RootBreaker

RootBreaker Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanx for the reply. Im thinking some sticker over it. I thought silicone and dark blue touchup paint....

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

7. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here is the thread I was talking about. There are more.

I don't know what the diff is between 10 and 14' but I doubt much in this context.

8. Rickkiboi

Rickkiboi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I got my Prius and one of my first goals was to debadge. I didn't research and low and behold there are holes I need to cover! I quickly went online and got the blue TRD badge from eBay and the blue "knife" badges on Amazon. $25 and a 15 minute install problem solved.

Although my goal was to NOT have badges, the effort to cover and paint the holes properly was a bit much for me. So I opted for a subtle rebadging. Blue TRD emblems because blue is somewhat associated with hybrid cars in their logos.

What are your thoughts? FullSizeRender.jpeg IMG_2549.JPG IMG_2539.JPG IMG_2550.JPG