1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius door lock issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sw33t, Oct 1, 2013.

1. sw33t

sw33t Junior Member

Hello everyone:

I have a weird issue that I have done research on this forum but really couldn't find an answer to.

My FOB doesn't work locking/unlocking my '06 prius. I use the embedded key to lock. When I want to lock it, I lock it from the inside.

a. I know the door lock actuator motors are not bad because I was able to lock it from the inside using the lock/unlock switch on the driver side door panel.
    b. I checked the voltage on the AUX battery. It read 12.4v. So that is not the problem.
    c. Key fob battery strength is good (I see the red LED everytime I use the remote).
    d. I don't have a SKS system so no switch exists to enable or disable the SKS under the steering.

Should I go ahead and check the fuse? When I open the door using the hard key, my alarm doesn't go off like it should. Does this mean the control unit is bad?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am not sure about your problem, but I don't think the alarm is intended to go off when using the key. The manual states:

The system uses the following cues to detect an attempted break-in or theft:
    1) vehicle is forcibly entered,
    2) engine hood is forcibly opened,
    3) doors are unlocked without the use of a key, or
    4) the battery cables are disconnected and then reconnected.

3. sw33t

sw33t Junior Member

As an FYI to anyone who faced the same problem I did, I simply reprogrammed the key as documented in one of the posts here in priuschat and the door lock and unlock wireless remote is working just fine. As to how and why it happened in the first place is still a mystery.

4. Sam12169

Sam12169 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Hi please can anyone help me. I replaced my 2017 prius rear driver side door with imported prius same year. Power windows is working ok but central lock on this door not working. All other door works ok.it is not working by key or by driver door control button.
    Car only lock if i manually lock this door then central lock work on other doors.

Please help as i can't get my old door back to see part number.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    might just need a new motor