1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius DTC c1203, 1241, 1336 1345.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Peter Chong, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Peter Chong

Peter Chong New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    [​IMG]
    Hi everyone, any help appreciated. Been looking up some DTCs and just wanted to get some thoughts from more experienced people.

Bought a driver wide rear end wrecked 2011 Prius 150K (no other information on previous owner/care) for a hobby, becoming expensive at this time :/ to get it to start working again.

The rear axle beam was damaged/bent so needed to be replaced, but in doing so had to remove the wheel, caliper, hub, abs sensor and disconnect then reconnect brake line (definitely got air in system which I then bled afterwards).

Now when trying to start Prius it will start, run off HV battery-which I've reconditioned once, ICE doesn't seem to turn on and then stalls/completely turns off only after 1-3 seconds. I used to be able to shift Drive and Reverse but it won't even do that now. A lot of rumbling and shaking, it would run a few feet but no more. ?transmission

In looking up these codes I suspect the anti lock abs brake actuator may be a problem but shouldn't the car at least turn on with the ICE ? Shouldn't I just have brake problems?

Pulled off Toyota Techstream.

Thanks for any help/direction.

Cross posted on Reddit as well.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It is peculiar that you are only seeing brake system codes here.

This feels like a point where I would get curious enough to go make some engine or HV ECU codes on purpose just to see if my scan tool would pick them up. Say, unplug the crank sensor on the engine, or pop the interlock switch on the traction battery, then scan and see if the P0335 or P0A0D showed up.

If it turned out I couldn't see codes for problems I knew I created, and it wasn't down to using an incapable scan tool, then I would start looking for signs of some oddball communication issue.

Are you able to pull up the engine and HV ECU data lists?

PriusCamper and Peter Chong like this.
  3. Peter Chong

Peter Chong New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Previously there were codes C0210 and C0215 which related to rear wheel speed sensors which make sense.

We also had read P3191 and P3190 but those codes have gone since we replaced electronic throttle body when I cleaned it too harshly...

Also library has Chilton library access so taking my time with that.

Attached Files: