1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius "Easter Egg" programming

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Charles Suitt, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< Love my Prius, the new 2007 Touring Edition... and loved the 2004 I just traded in.

I had forgotten the 'dances' required to program the door locks and backup beeper. Then there is the HomeLink mirror to open my Garage Door to program, too.

Finally, got them all done, took 3 "tries" on the backup beeper, 4 tries on the "open all doors and the hatch when I touch the driver's door handle" and 4 "tries" to get the HomeLink mirror to work with my rolling code garage door opener. Reminds me of the "Easter Eggs" Microsoft programs into some of their application software.

2. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Me too; I've never owned a car that had "cheat codes" before. :p

3. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Warwind @ Nov 16 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]350599[/snapback]</div>
    Hmm - I remember finding "easter eggs" in software - I wonder if there are any in the Prius? Like press a certain button combination and reveal a secret message on the MFD? That would be cool.