1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Envy / Prius Rage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SilverPri, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

That's because most people don't know the leaf is a 100% EV, since it looks like a regular Nissan econobox.

2. SalixIncendium

SalixIncendium Tree Hugging Environmentalist Wacko

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Speak for yourself. ;)

krmcg likes this.
  3. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Close, but not exactly.

I do accelerate semi-slowly like in my Prius but I drive 65-70mph on the high way instead of trying to keep it 60ish in the little car.

Even when I accelerate quickly in the Prius, it seems most behind me are already unhappy.

4. MNTech

MNTech Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    West-central MN is terrible, I just got my prius a couple weeks ago and have been tailgated by trucks routinely. This area is dominated by american trucks, which some of them are customized to a certain degree. If your a male driving a prius you get treated differently.

5. Reedja42

Reedja42 2012 Prius, Gen III, Barcelona Red, (FRED)

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had similar experiences when I first bought “Fred”, but because of the cost of gas, I see Prii everywhere now. The increase in the number of hybrids on the road in this area has made it so that most of the hate has faded away.

6. tv4fish

tv4fish Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I also find that it works "quite well" to pick up your cell phone and "pretend" to call the police - I make it a point to look like I'm getting the jerk's license plate number, also. Like someone has said -- "You can't fix stupid."

7. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Had a Prius probably 4 car lengths behind me a couple days ago while I was driving 55 with 7000lbs in tow. Behind him was a massive Yukon with a body kit (yuck) and 22's just on his nice person as if he could go faster. Had I stepped on the brakes for some reason, there would've been a massive collision between them and probably had the Prius pushed into my truck.

Ps. Love having a backup camera I can switch on on-demand on my trailer and big tow mirrors so I can see just about 360 degrees.

bwilson4web likes this.
  8. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I do the same thing :D

Mrpcar likes this.
  9. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I daily drive an older section of Highway 99 (Golden State) that parallels the newer section of highway. Using cruise control I drive 49 mph. Traffic is minimal (the majority of traffic is on the new Hwy 99). Fuel efficiency for me is excellent (50 mpg+) while the Hwy 99 "racetrack" eats up fuel. I drive calm and listen to SiriusXM music and stories. Frequently because of congestion and accidents, I arrive ahead of the Hwy 99 travelers. Sometimes, when Hwy 99 clogs up, I arrive work well ahead of others and the others wonder how I got there.

Mochabuzz and Daves09prius like this.
  10. PriusGuy32

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I will say, with the windshield sprayers that are like mini-firehoses on our Prius's, I LOVE turning on the washers and holding the wand back when people tailgate, until they back off. An old trick that used to work in my Envoy too.... Fun watching the "fan" of washer fluid fly over the top of the car in your rear view mirror and have the tailgater have to slow down to activate their wipers :D Buttplugs....

11. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

So does this means that your Prius is dirty all the time?

12. PriusGuy32

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well it is still Michigan winter/spring, so yeah :D We sure dont have pretty weather year round and palm trees like Ca.!

13. SalixIncendium

SalixIncendium Tree Hugging Environmentalist Wacko

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Buttplugs?

14. PriusGuy32

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Bah hahahhahaha :LOL:

15. bobeast

bobeast Junior Member

This happens to all of us, unfortunately, and not necessarily when we are just driving the Prius. There are jerks out there, yes indeed.

That said, and no insult is intended here, if it is happening to you constantly, I respectfully suggest you look for the common denominator. I have never met a road-boulder who actually thinks they are a road-boulder.

16. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I call it something else.... :rolleyes:

Everybody has to share the roads.
    Not everybody gets this overly simple fact.

Here's what you do:
    1.) Take an MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) course. They cost less than 200 bucks, and they usually provide the motorcycle. They presume that you've never rider a bike before, because chances are if you're self taught, then you've probably been doing it wrong.

2.) Get a M/C endorsement if you don't already have one.

3.) Rent a scoot for a weekend and drive it in Soh-Kal. I PROMISE you that if you do this? You'll never be bothered by traffic in a 3200 pound car...EVER again! :D

There are tailgaters, a$$holes, morons, slowpokes, idiots, etc.....on the road because that's just what happens when people try to share......something that everyone is singularly very bad at.
    It's been this way for a while....like, since I've been driving which includes 45,000 miles in Priuses, and a few decades of driving before the Prius was developed.

There's really nothing new under the sun.
    God Luck!

17. Kory Matthew

Kory Matthew Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This happens often in North Dakota too. The prius might as well be an alien space ship up here. It is starting to catch on a little more, but basically if your not in a 4 wheel drive you are thought of differently. Someone gave me a piece sign the first week I got the Prius. I also get laughed at even when I'm passing people. The looks I get when I'm out in a snow storm are ridiculous, I feel like I can cause an accident just from people staring at me in their lifted 4x4's.

I have a co-worker who tells me all the time how dangerous my vehicle is because he can't hear it. These are the same people who will never buy anything foreign, yet continue to complain about how their Chevy breaks down all the time. People are afraid of change, and this is how they react to change when it happens.

That Girl19 and Data Daedalus like this.
  18. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Road tripped home from Mammoth yesterday 6 hours in my truck. The only super annoying driver the whole way home was a Gen II Prius driving 60mph in the fast lane once I got on the 91 freeway. Ugh.

19. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah but he was getting 53 mpg's. And everyone behind him wanted to ram him.

Data Daedalus likes this.
  20. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Me included.

PLSPUSH likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.