1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Envy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dbermanmd, May 1, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    After viewing several posts about our Prius's and how we are viewed by those that don't have "it", I think Prius Envy is a more appropriate term for a condition we can begin to define. I will start with some of the diagnostic criteria I bleieve are important and easily recognisable:

A. Must be present:
    1. the patient in question does not own a Prius or is not on a waiting list to acquire one.

B. Present at times during operation of the Prius but its absence does not exclude the diagnosis:
    1. the patient in question sneers at you or looks at you with open disdain while filling up their automobile within shouting distance of you doing the same.
    1a. the patient in question spends over $100 to fill up his/her fuel tank.
    2. the patient in question drives an automobile with a V8 engine.
    3. the patient in question drives an automobile that requires high-octane fuel.
    4. the patient in question has an eye color you can identify from your rear-view mirror.
    5. the patient in question passes you on the road and you can identify the type of screw in his license plate holder.

B1. Present at times but NOT during the operation of a Prius - its absence does not exclude the diagnosis:
    1. the patient in question states that the battery pack of the Prius lasts less than 3 years or 50,000 miles.
    2. the patient in question looks for the cars plug or openly states that the Prius needs to be plugged in.

I am looking for some additional criteria.
    Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

David

2. highroute

highroute New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ May 1 2006, 07:50 AM) [snapback]247929[/snapback]</div>
    ... the patient in question drives an vehicle that is larger than the average vacation cabin

... the patient in question states that the Prius must use a single specific brand and model of tire