1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius ERROR code POA90

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by nasrah, Sep 26, 2011.

1. nasrah

nasrah New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a trouble with my 2008 prius; red triangle engine light is coming and when i try to push the gas pedal it feels like it's freeze, the car do not accelerate so i have to stop. After i turn it off and start again it drives ok, but triangle is still there and there is error code POA90 ( two different scanners shows same code with two descriptions; the forst is "MOTOR PERFORMANCE"; the second describe it as "14 volt power module system voltage high"). Speccialy it happens when i drive up the hill and push the gas pedal harder. Does anyone know what it can be? I took the car to the Toyota dealer; they looked for 8 hours and find nothing :confused:; i can't do it again as the car do not have a warranty and the dealer charge by hours! Please help if anyone have any clue, thank you

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    P0a90 is most likely a transaxle problem. But there is a 3 digit code information code that is crucial to a complete diagnosis. Please ask your dealer for that 3 digit code associated with the p0a90 and post it here. But it is usually the transaxle.

1 person likes this.
  3. telmo744

telmo744 HSD fanatic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If 14Volt system voltage is high, maybe the auxiliary battery is shot?

4. Teakwood

Teakwood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Je crois que une visite au département de service serait appropriée, si vous voulez.