1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Family Sales - January 2013

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Didn't realize you had moved away from Minnesota;-P

austingreen likes this.
  2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    IMHO to really get sales up for the phv requires more range and power from the battery pack. That means sales really won't take off until the redesign but it looks like the gen IV may be here in a couple of years.

Dropping the price looks like it helped a little, but that isn't the real problem. Rolling out to more states, especially Florida, Texas, Ohio, and Illonois which seem to be good plug in states would also help, but without the big california incentives HOV + extra money the thing won't get a high percentage away from the lift back.

I think that was his point, there is not a great advantage over the prius liftback. You seemed to not do much electric driving, so on that trip did you get 52 mpg versus 51 mpg on the liftback. For most the car is not going to save more than 75 gallons per year. You may get more because I think you plug-in multiple times per day. How many gallons per year do you think you are saving. Its a step in the right direction, but I expect the market wants more electric miles