1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Fast Tirewear - Important Update

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bob Hayes, Apr 17, 2008.

1. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Running 48/46 and will lower the pressure soon. Only if you drive perfect roads will this work folks for 195/55/16 2009 OEM touring. Very stiff hard ride.:mad::mad::mad:

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    update:

nearly 40,000 on OEMs....one went flat. no visible hole. still decent tread. probably looking to replace them just before winter. aired up tire, see how fast its leaking i guess

3. jdonalds

jdonalds Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Touring
    We replaced our OEM tires today. They had 35,700 miles and looked as if they could go another 2-4K miles. However we are taking two trips in the next couple of weeks, each over 1,000 miles, and thought it prudent to replace them now. I kept the OEMs at 46f/44r. They wore evenly and I was quite pleased with the mileage I got. This is a 2008 Prius.

We installed Michelin X-Radials. My initial impression is they are smoother riding and quieter thane the OEMs. That may simply be the result of having new tires with more tread though.

4. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

hmmmmmm...... i don't konw what tires we just put on our prius????? i mean i could walk out there and look! (i THINK they are good year....) and i'm not saying that for effect! :rockon:

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    let us know how your mileage compares before and after...which makes me think that if *someone*... had some time on their hands, they might want to start a thread with a spreadsheet to compare mileage before and after with different types of tires. provide basic stats like tire pressures. also mention if your driving patterns have changed and your location so we would get a hint of what the weather patterns might be like as well