1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius four HDD Premium Navigation Update Question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mike Rosenzweig, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Mike Rosenzweig

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi All...I have the 2013 Prius four w/ Solar package, which includes the HDD Navigation System. I have a question regarding POI updates: Are the POIs updated regularly via XM and/or Entune data or would they be updated along with maps at the dealer every few years? I can't seem to find an answer for this. Using the GPS for a month now, I'm impressed with the amount of POIs that are in the unit, including lots of small businesses in my area, but seems like POI data is something that can go out of date very quickly without frequent updates. On my Garmin GPS units, the POIs were always out of date or incorrect, but so far the unit in my Prius has been quite good in this matter. Thanks!!!

2. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    POI showing on the map will come updated when you buy map updated which cost ~$169-199.
    XM does not update the POI.

You can get access to new POI found on Bing search.

3. DaWeav

DaWeav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is a little off topic, but I use the Bing app vice the built in search for all of my POI lookups since the Bing voice search is an up to date internet search, and the Bing microphone isn't locked out while the Prius is in motion. The Bing voice search in the Prius has worked accurately 99% of the time for me compared to the built in navigation voice search which hardly works 10% of the time for me.

And Toyota if your listening, I'd much rather have unlimited access to the Bing app vice Pandora when the three year interim period is over since Bing is free to use while Pandora is only free for forty hours per month. Not to mention the overall data usage difference between the two apps on my mobile phone. After all, isn't the Prius basically a device to get you to your destination more than it is a device to listen to music? I'd much rather think that my car is a transportation device than a very expensive portable media player! Sorry about the rant, but it's just that the built in voice commands for the navigation system are more than a bit frustrating for me.

GT-P7310 ? HD

4. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    what were U saying when U say native voice search only works 10% of the time?

If U were to use your phone to do searches, google map for nav, pandora to listen to music it also cost u just as much with the data maybe more. downside is smaller display. Not saying the 6" is great just a tad bigger.

after reading www.distraction.gov maybe they have something to do with lockout