1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius friends in Los Angeles, CA

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Yuka, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Yuka

Yuka New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello fellow Prius owners.

I am looking to meet new friends who live in Los Angeles, CA who drive Prii. I am more specifically looking for a boyfriend. I was at Ralphs in Marine Del Rey last week and I saw a really cute guy get out of a 3G Prius. I wanted to start chatting him up, but I was in a rental car ( Mini Cooper) bc my Prius was in the shop getting repaired after I was read ended. I just got my Ruby (the name of my Prius) back on Thursday night and I am so happy.

I was also driving on Highway 1 in El Porto/ Manhattan Beach this past week and I saw a Prius V on the road. I was so excited.

I would like to make some new friends in the Los Angeles area, it would be great to meet a nice guy to date, but friends are cool too. I think my Prius is great and love its efficiency and I feel really cool because of my car (although in general, I think I am very cool). I am kinda nerdy and enjoy life and am very social. If you live in Los Angeles and want to hang out, I would love it!

Thanks so much for reading this.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    PriusMatch.com? :)

1 person likes this.
  3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wookin fo nub in all da wong pwaces .....a duet by Buckwheat & Elmer Fudd! :welcome:

4. sipnfuel

sipnfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    LOL is this for real ... I'm thinking it's a joke

5. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Come on over to our Orange County Prius event- next Sat Nov. 12th at Carson Toyota, at noon. I cannot promise you any un- attached guys though- you never know who will show up. Please RSVP to cathy at ocprius.com (put it together without the spaces for email). Dianne Whitmire is buying lunch for us (high Prius-tess on PriusChat) and showing us her Prius V's and talking about new Prius and Plug-ins.

6. Jackoar

Jackoar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is just comical. #lol @ priusmatch.com

7. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hmmm Prius C - Meets Prius V .

8. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe. Maybe not. I don't see anything to indicate the gender of the OP.

9. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you, I was not going to be the first one to ask......:eek:

10. Yuka

Yuka New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    lolololol! i am really serious. i just joined the site and i thought it would send me an email if someone responded to my post. good thing i came back to have a look.

so i just turned 29. i am female. i graduated from ucla. i bought my prius new in 2007 when i was in between living in LA and NY. the first year, i did not really drive my car and it sat in my moms garage in riverside. i love my car and i think it reflects something of my personality. i like efficiency and functionality and cute things. i have an ex bf from ucla who had a prius too but he was in a total loss accident. he is the one that told me about this website. he was telling me crazy stuff like driving 60 miles on one gallon.

i get really excited about the prius and used to wave at other prius drivers after reading a post on it on this website a couple years ago. i was in a long term on and off again relationship but earlier this year it became officially over. ive been wondering where i could meet someone really smart and nice to date. i saw the prius V last week and was so awed. i started thinking again i should really try to find a cute guy with a prius to date. lololol. i could use some new friends too who drive prii. my best friend from hs bought a used prius bc she enjoyed driving mine so much.

this is all a true story. i will def go to the event in a couple of weeks. so excited! lolololol. send me a msg if you wanna chat! lololol, this is too fun.

11. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, I just happen to be efficient, functional, and cute. :p

Enjoy the meet. ;)

12. Yuka

Yuka New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ohh tooo bad you live in canada. I actually think that the prius is really smart too. And I. Wanna date someone super smart. Lololool.

Howw do the meet ups normally go? Are there lots of people who shoow up? Do you go to a lot of meetups in canada?

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not at all - it's beautiful here. Too bad you live in LA. ;)

Strangely enough, most of the Prius meets I've gone to have been in the US. They've been both fun and informative, and it's great to see people in person that I've only known online.

14. Yuka

Yuka New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah too bad I live in la. I wish I lived in ny. let's move to ny together. We can park our prii next to each other lolol

15. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The chances of that happening are very slim. It's hard enough to find one parking spot in New York, let alone two - especially right beside each other. :cool:

16. Yuka

Yuka New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    no we just have to be rich and we can rent a parking space in a lot for $400 per month, per spot. ive seen it done. it is nice.

maybe there is a way to monetize our love for the prius. then we can be park our prii next to each other. i am always telling my friend jess that my ruby needs new family members. her prius is a bit older than mine, and i named him silver bullet. he is ruby's older brother. lolololol super nerd or what?

17. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I resemble that remark - my silver has 'HYO' plates.

Your Ruby's last name wouldn't be 'sipper', would it? :faint:

18. Yuka

Yuka New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ruby doesnt have a last name. she just looks like a red ruby.

i just had to look up where vancouver is. cool! you live above me. that is great that you have nerd plates that reflect your cars character. i was thinking about getting some ucla plates (california state dmv gives money to ucla i think if you get these plates). the plates would have my email ucla email address. that is kinda cool right?

where did the local prius members go? lololol today i was kinda fiendish. i looked at everyone who was driving a prius on the road. most of the people were older than me. i was looking for some friends and a lover around my age. alas, no luck.

19. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    A prerequisite to date you is owning a Prius. If the said Prius is no longer owned by the boyfriend, then a breakup must ensue. The boyfriend must be cute and smart and age appropriate. I'm sure there are plenty of fish that fits what you're looking for in the LA sea. I consider myself to be Prius smart but I'm sure there are other people way smarter than me.

As for meeting other Prius owners, there used to be monthly meetings in LA but the turnout got smaller and smaller by the month to a point where no body wants to go anymore or can't make it.

20. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It seems that domain is currently available. Hmm.... :)
    Assuming you're for real, dang! I'm bit older than you, available and also graduated from UCLA. Go Bruins!

Unfortunately, I live ~330 miles away from you. :(

I had virtually no luck trying to organize a Prius meet when I was living in WA. Only met up w/one person from here. The other two didn't make it (well, one of them actually owned a Leaf and I wanted to hear the noisemaker).

Had sort of an informal meet at a Prius v roadshow and bumped into two Priuschatters (actually one guy was the above Leaf owner, except he didn't have his Leaf yet.)

There was a large meet that a # of us here on Priuschat were fortunate enough to be invited to (http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...-priuschat-goes-detroit-2010-prius-debut.html). Since then, the closest I've had to that (was almost a reunion) was http://www.greendriveexpo.com/bay-area-expo.