1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Front Badge Replacement- Affect Adaptive Cruise?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Brettdunstan90, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Brettdunstan90

Brettdunstan90 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all.
    Sorry If it's already been covered, but I couldn't find the answer. I have a 2010 Prius i-Tech( I'm in Australia), with the adaptive cruise control, so it has the different badge on the front bumper (smooth) and it was keyed all over by some idiot, it's been to the crash repairers, and they've replaced my badge with a standard one.
    Will this affect my adaptive cruise control? I hate the look of it also, but it's been two months and counting since I handed the keys over and I just want my damn baby back!

I've attached a photo so you can see what it had when originally.

2. Brettdunstan90

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a slightly more close up photo of when I first got it, the badge they've replaced this with basically looks the same as the badge on the tailgate.

Attached Files:

3. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Go back to the body shop & have them buy the correct badge. The ultra sonic sensor won't work with the standard badge & will give u errors.

It's not a cheap part to replace.....around $600 USD

iPhone ?

Brettdunstan90 and Dylan Doxey like this.
  4. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    +1

The badge is different for a reason. The body shop cheaped out, and now they better pay to put the real (expensive) part on there or your advanced tech package will be useless.

5. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Both of the above posts are correct. Get the correct badge or you'll have issues. The repair shop is trying to make money at your expense.

6. Brettdunstan90

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks everyone. I thought this was the case but trying to find evidence of this to take to the crash repairer to bolster my argument has proved fruitless.
    He just says he punched in the VIN number and that's what it told him to order.
    He's made 10k out of my insurance so he can dip in to that.

7. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I don't think the VIN by itself will indicate that you have the Advanced Technology Package. I'd go to a dealer and get the part number for the correct badge and take that to the repair facility. If that doesn't work, contact your insurance company have have them verify the correct part with Toyota in order to get the correct part installed.

By the way, do the DRCC and Pre-Collision System work normally; both use the radar to function?

8. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I call BS on this. The vin would show the correct part.

I bet that if u look at the itemized receipt that was submitted to ur ins company it will show the correct badge. He then ordered the emblem u have now & pocketed the rest of that money thinking it wouldn't make a difference.

iPhone ?

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  9. Brettdunstan90

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well they both worked normally when I had the car, but I haven't taken possession of the car until he fixes it properly so I haven't tested it with the cheaper badge.