1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Fuel Filter

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by rgevans871, Mar 11, 2015.

1. rgevans871

rgevans871 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2012 Prius with 40,000 miles. I'm thinking that this would be about the time I should replace the vehicle fuel filter, but can't find it in the Maintenance Schedule or in the Owners Manual, so I'm thinking that there must not be one. Does the Prius have a fuel filter and if so, where is it? Every vehicle I've owned previously has had a fuel filter somewhere. If the Prius doesn't have one, I'm wondering why not?

Ron.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It's in the gas tank, and major labour/expense to access/change. I'd leave it be.

I think in Australia they do have a change interval, tho.

3. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ron, the shift in the last 15 years or so is non-serviceable fuel filters that are installed to the fuel pump, in the fuel tank. Unless you experience a fuel pump failure, or a massive fuel tank contamination, your in-tank fuel filter should outlive the car. Save your money and go buy something cool in the prius chat store instead :D