1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Fun Factors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by galaxee, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It took me a few tries to learn to keep my thumb tucked out of the way...sometimes the Prius makes me feel pretty smart and sometimes..not so smart. But I love her!

2. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Some of my fun factors: (I am sure I will think of others later).

FE game related

Getting excited about a drive to see how much I can improve the gas mileage.

Feeling a sense of accomplishment at raising the tank mpg by x at the end of the trip.

The excitement of getting 60+ mpg trips.

Only having to fill-up once every 2 or 3 weeks for less than $25 (up until recently)and in less than five minutes.

Advanced Technology
    Knowing that I am driving the most advanced car on the road with the lowes emissions.

Talking to my car and having it talk back to me.

Never having to take the keys out of my pocket.

Last, but not least, taking our personal recyling and the my department's recycling bins to the recycling center in a vehicle that is making the least impact possible on the environment.

Driving Experience
    Arriving at my destination more relaxed than when I started driving. (I used to try and get there as fast as I can).

The feel of being in tune with the car by knowing when it is going to gain a battery bar or gliding whenever I wish to do so.

Being able to put the hammer down and passing the slowpoke/the person keeping me from getting on the freeway/leaving the person that was riding my tail before a stoplight in the dust when I drive away.

Of course I couldn't leave out the joy of driving around parking lots, etc, in stealth mode or having passengers ask, "Is it on?."

On a related note, I still get a little feeling of joy everytime the ICE turns off when I stop at a light or sign.

3. amazingarthur

amazingarthur New Member

Having just come over to the Prius from a GT Turbo Stage 1 Pt Cruiser I think I can shed some light on this topic.

The Cruiser was a fun car; 240+hp, custom paint and fancy rims, big dual exhaust, that sounded so cool. Got between 19 and 23 mpg. It was a fun car. It was a lot more "fun" when gas was $1.65

Now that premium fuel (yes, it required premium) is $2.96 here in Nebraska the Cruiser is not much "fun."

Now to the Prius.....
    I have been driving the Prius for 2 days now. It is a fun car, just not in the traditional sense of a fun car. Let's face it, there aren't any plans for headers, dual exhaust systems, and superchargers for our cars. I'm not going to lower it and flame it out. Tinted windows and I'm done.

Still, it gets a lot of looks and comments

The neighborhood kids love the Prius, although they do miss punching each other and yelling "Cruiser Bruiser!"
    My friends think it's cool I've gone "green."
    The Nav system is awesome to techies.
    Someone asked me if it's the same car Larry David drives.
    And I love fielding the MPG questions.

We won't be seeing many of these rides pimped out and it's never going to be featured on a Gangsta Rapper video next to an Escalade, personally I think that's a good thing!

Yes, it's fun, just not 0-60 fun. Only 60 to 1 gallon fun.

4. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree with the answers given thus far: car of the future, stealth mode, advanced low-emission engine, etc.

But one thing I really like - pulling into a stop light next to a Hummer (any model) and then leaving them behind when the light turns green. That's the most fun. (Normally I try not to be too smug, and also try to drive for best FE, but when an opportunity like that comes up, resistance is futile). :D

nerfer

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Amazing Arthur @ Apr 19 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]242207[/snapback]</div>
    Don't be so sure about that! There are people customizing and pimping out the Prius even as I type this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the gold one is ugly too... :D

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yep, I'm an engineer; an EE who designes and programs microcontroller systems.

As for whether the Prius is fun, I fully agree with everything posted above. The only thing I can add is that it is adorable. Before I got ours, I never thought of the Prius as being a good looking car. Aerodynamic and functional, but not good looking or sexy. I stand corrected. Our 2006 black #7 is great looking, and I get all sorts of compliments, comments, and questions based solely on how it looks, without anyone knowing it is a hybrid and gets get mileage. I also like the way it drives.

Lots of fun factor!

Tom

7. SirGreen

SirGreen New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Apr 14 2006, 10:57 PM) [snapback]240008[/snapback]</div>
    Last year I bought a 2005 Titan and joined the Titan club.
    I still havent told them I bailed and got a new Prius.