1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius G’s Headlights troubleshooting.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by NorCal Prii, Oct 3, 2020.

1. NorCal Prii

NorCal Prii Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Prius community,

For those that have installed the JDM Prius G’s headlights, did you guys experience any issues after installing them? Currently I switched out my Gen 3 base model headlights to the G’s headlights. I never experienced any issues with my base model headlights. I’ve bought the headlight adaptors to fit the JDM connector to the USDM wire harness. After, hooking everything up I noticed that my passenger side lights will turn on and off immediately. So I bought a spare OEM ballast and HID Bulb (Osram, 35W 4300K) and swap them out and the passenger side is still showing the same issues.

The only thing that seems to work is if I turn the lights on and off for about 7-10 times. Once both lights stay on they will remain on and I experience no issues afterwards. I feel like the either the ballast or the HID bulbs needs to warm up first to work, but I know that is not it because my driver sides fires on with no issues. Has any of you experienced this issue? I’m not sure what the cause of the issue is. I thought it was a loose ground, but I didn’t loosen any grounding points. For those that I reached out to thanks for the reply back. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

2. dcsr23

dcsr23 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just installed mine and have not had any issues. Since you just replaced the ballast and bulb try swapping the ballast relay plug to the headlight and see if the problem moves to the driver side.