1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PRIUS GEN 3 Autel diagnostic code 7EA accelerator pedal code E and D,I changed both

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by A Lodhi, Jan 25, 2022.

1. A Lodhi

A Lodhi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Business Edition
    PRIUS gen 3 7EA accelerator pedal position E and D fault ,I changed throttle body’s and accelerator pedal but problem is same

PRIUS 2010,Gen 3 ,Autel diagnostic code $7EA accelerator pedal position E and D fault ,I changed throttle body’s and accelerator pedal but problem is same ,when car is on petrol r going up the hill car start jerking any idea plz

460B4F1C-2104-4EAE-AE80-A4B527944DF8.jpeg

#1 A Lodhi, Jan 25, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2022
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your device that's reading the error codes doesn't have error code index specific to Toyota Prius... This happens when people use regular auto code readers rather than ones designed for Toyota hybrids. Two options are getting a mini-VCI plug for about $30 and installing Toyota Techstream software on an old MS windows computer. Or way easier, is spend similar amount of money on a bluetooth OBD2 reader and install Dr. Prius app on your phone to read error codes. Here's buyers guide: Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    $7EA (0x7EA) isn’t a diagnostic code: it’s a CAN (controller area network) identifier for responses from the power management control ECU. Toyota’s diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) follow the SAE J2012 standard: B, C, P, or U followed by four or six hexadecimal digits.

The display shown in your photo seems to be equivalent to the Data List feature of a Toyota Techstream diagnostic system, which gives readouts of live data from the car. For 2010 Prius cars, Toyota’s Repair Manual (more info) says the two accelerator pedal position values can range from 0% to 100%; I’m not sure why your diagnostic tool has highlighted those values or shows 40% as the upper limit.
    If you think the accelerator pedal position sensor or its wiring might be faulty, see the Repair Manual procedure for DTC P2120, in the Hybrid Control System section. Step 1 of this procedure has a table and chart with the expected values of the two readouts for various angles of the accelerator pedal.

PriusCamper likes this.