1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius generation 4 dimension

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by ppp, Feb 23, 2017.

1. ppp

ppp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hello.

I am choosing to buy Prius.
    I have some questions about the dimensions of the car:
    - What is the distance of the car from the ground ?
    - Height of the seats when they are in the highest position from the ground ?
    - Until now I was driving minivans and I'm afraid in prius that sits very low position ?

One more thing.
    The Prius was launched in September 2015. What is the policy regarding Toyota renovation and facelift models?
    Are they working facelift after two or three years.
    I intend to buy a car at the end of year, but I would not like that at the beginning of 2018 comes out a refurbished model. Rather then wait a bit.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check the gen 4 stickies, the dimensions should all be there. it does sit low, but you'll have to try one yourself, tough for us to feel your pain. i didn't notice a difference from my 2012 gen 3.
    a facelift is generally in the 4th year of 6 years of production. we expect the 2019 model, which will be here in 2018. europe maybe a bit different.
    all the best!(y)

RCO likes this.
  3. goldfinger

goldfinger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Bisco is right, the gen 4 sits low. You'll think you're in a gocart compared to a minivan.

Toyota doesn't change much bodywise between models. The entertainment system may get tweaked or option packages mixed around, but no big changes. We won't see a major change now until 2020 at the earliest.

RCO likes this.