1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius GPS navigation sucks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by strider5, May 23, 2008.

1. biglou10

biglou10 New Member

Am I the only Prius that has the INTRSECTION function which works for about 5 percent of intercetions? I can't get the busiest and most traveled intercetions to set. Sometimes it tells me "no intersctions" after entering only one street. Am I the only one? [email protected]. Emails welcomed.

2. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Well, I don't use Intersection destinations very often, but when I have tried it, it seemed to work fine for me. I think the key is to be sure you selected the right street (for the town/city), as sometimes common street names will give you a lot to choose from. Aside from that, I can't really see why it wouldn't work - assuming of course you see cross streets on the map for the street you are trying to intersect. ;)

One tip I can offer is when you are entering a street name, it will match ANY PART of the word, not only the start. So enter the most distinctive part of the name, to avoid any semantic issues (i.e. for "West 34th Avenue", enter "34th" as your search, which would yield results such as "W. 34th Ave", "West 34th Ave", "34th Street", etc... Whereas had you begun with typing the "West" part, you would have missed out on the search right away if it was actually in the database as the shortform of "W.". This applies to POI searches as well.

What type of intersection are you trying to enter (i.e. residential street, main road, highway, etc)? What map data DVD do you currently have?

If you have some examples of intersections you weren't able to find, you can always post them here and someone else can try looking them up to offer tips on how to more easily locate them...

Good luck!