1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Haters?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by That_Prius_Car, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I just want to drive my car and not be harassed by morons. I do not bother others. I do not care what someone else drives. If someone wants to ask me real informative questions about my vehicle I am more than happy to answer them.

2. deltron3030

deltron3030 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I live in OC as well! Im a talent buyer for the Slidebar in Fullerton, if you ever wanna come down, talk cars, have a few drinks (on me of course), I'm always around. lemme know!
    -david

ps. im very into the fiveaxis stuff. I went the tanabe route on my car and just got some TRD wheels. The Eneos modd'd honda insight from the 09 SEMA show is always parked in our lot too.

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How did you fit 18 wheels on it? Are they like side by side making the overall tread width really wide or did you stretch the car to add extra axles? :D

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wasn't so different once. In fact there are more than a few here who have felt the same as you do. Eventually one must examine their lifestyle choice and should assume responsibility for their actions. I couldn't stomach the degredation I was contributing to with my race cars and I make a decision to reduce my negative impact and I sold all of the excess pollutors and kept the Prius. That doesn't make me better than you in any way but I do feel that I am being more responsible.

Whether you decide to examine your own lifestyle and make changes is up to you but know that some Prius owners frown upon the activities of the "big dirty truckers" for a very valid reason, their activities are polluting the lungs, environment, and economy of our country. That is based on simple facts.

I realize you are just being defensive and I'm not going to call you names or insult your intelligence. I was once not so different and you should have seen the s^%$ I talked on the racing forums. :)

5. deltron3030

deltron3030 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Of course you do, and that's what about 75% of us here do too. But as unfortunate as it is, It's the vocal minority of every demographic that tends to perpetuate stereotypes. For every outspoken "hybrid hippie elitist" there are 3 regular guys with prius's just trying to get by happily enough. for every douche in a raised truck who thinks every street is part of his own personal monstertruck rally, there are 3 who genuinely enjoy offroading.

this isn't pointed at anyone in particular, but I find this style of holier than thou thinking slightly offensive. Maybe none of you are intending it, but it comes off holier-than-thou. It is (for now at least) a very middle-class concern to get on someones case for having an inefficient car whilst we drive around in our hybrids. Some people don't have fun cars and daily drivers, they take what little money theyve got and try to get the most out of life with it, which is sometimes a gas guzzling but fun muscle bound daily driver (for me its my lowered prius with 18" wheels). Is it the smartest choice? NO. But they're not like an oil conglomerate who can definitely afford to be green, but doesn't for the sake of profit. they're likely just people getting by and trying to alleviate the crush of life's disappointments and daily grind. im no different.

Im new-ish here and im part of the emerging hybrid sub-culture who are getting into a prius but aren't as attached to the ideals of those who bought prius' at their inception. I love my gas milage, but I really dont care that I'm into rice-ish looks and feel too nor do i care that I'm looking for it from my prius. Its a positive sign that our community is getting more and more diverse, although there are always going to be an older generation who bashes the next.

Basically, all i meant was there's nothing new under the sun with us, or them. Life's tough. some people like to use their cars for recreation, and right on. its exactly what im doing with my prius. yes, big cars are very bad for the environment and thats a serious issue. but I'd just as soon point the finger back at myself for not doing more, or place the blame on bigger political/social issues and personally take action, than tell some guy who worked hard for his money how lame he is for having a truck.

/rant

6. FxsX24

FxsX24 V8 Powered Chevy S10

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    the only harassing i would actually do to any prius owner would be taking off like a "bat out of hell" at a light, i certainly not be tailgating or any other harassing that some drivers do

7. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    fail!

8. orange4boy

orange4boy Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A bunch of us just helped you solve your girlfriend's Prius problem. Next time you see a Prius how 'bout smile and wave seeing as it could be one of the people that helped you?

Just a thought.

1 person likes this.
  9. philobeddoe

philobeddoe ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

good post

it's nice to know there's a reasonable articulate sensible Prius owner on the board who can talk to a non-Prius owner without reflecting poorly upon the group

this is an excellent post

FxsX24, your girlfriend owns a Prius, you surfed this site to find a solution to her car problem, the members helped you ... the end

i like doing burnouts in my other vehicles
    i like doing wheelies too

i shoot a lot of stuff, and i eat a lot of dead animals

but i don't come here to talk about it, because it upsets the superior but tender sensibilities of the priuschat membership

so talk about that stuff elsewhere, and enjoy the resource for what it provides

be nice and respect Prius owners, and hopefully they'll treat you the same

10. lorraine

lorraine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I live in NY, where there are a lot of Prius on the road, so I have not experienced any problems. But I have heard that there are ignorant people out there. Hold your head high and be proud. You are doing your part to lessen foreign oil dependance and saving the planet.
    Go Prius!

11. desertrider2215

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  12. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If they know full well what they are doing, how will that help?

In years of discussions on this along with road encounters I will say such "truck studs" are at more sensitive than "hysterical women". Stuff like off-roading truckers attacking here and CleanMPG, me getting banned, running others off from GearHeadHybrid for depicting stuff like the Prius rage in this thread :rolleyes: , seeing hundreds of articles mindlessly bashing hybrids in general and the Prius in particular.

Now that 1.5M Prius have been sold and it's on the top 10 in US sales, this kind of hate is obviously irrational....that it goes on speaks volumns about millions. :(

One of the many things wrong with the GOP is reflected in talk shows that bash hybrids as unpatriotic...just as GM tried to be profitable making only sub 15mpg vehicles, Rush and company is doing the same crazy addition by subtraction on the political stage....these truck studs don't care many of those F150s and Rams are built in Latin America, and they are sending more money ($600-700B annually for the US) to OPEC nations we have to borrow from China...this is not conservatism and insulting to those that actually are.

2 people like this.
  13. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Rule one: Do not feed the trolls.
    Rule two: Do NOT feed the trolls.
    Rule three: If you MUST feed this particular troll, wait a couple of years until he's actually old enough to drive.

14. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    But --- which one is the troll?

15. toxicity

toxicity A/C Hog

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [​IMG]

16. FxsX24

FxsX24 V8 Powered Chevy S10

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i never said anything about my s10 being big, if i were mr acting all tough i would still be firing off random/useless comments about prius drivers and there prius cars

hmmm lifted 4wd wrangler vs lowered 2wd s10, thats not an obvious winner there, i wont drive a small car because i do not want do drive a small car, i dont think that people only notice the truck either, the ones that do notice it appreciate the work that has gone into it to go from a crappy 120hp 4 banger to a 220hp v8,

you have never even seen my "piece of crap truck" so you have no clue of what shape its in

17. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Gotta admit, I love the choice of usernames: FxsX24 which as a license plate translates to Fox-suCKS-24/7

This reminds me very much of another truck poster roughly a year ago...he hated the Prius and Prius owners, but his wife wanted one so he was fit to be tied. He didn't dare ridicule her, so he projected his hatred onto the rest of us.

But what do I know? I drive a 4WD truck about half the time and can't understand the retardation of many other truck drivers. When I've got a problem with someone I don't use the truck to settle it, I prefer mano a mano. Funny thing is, when I get out to go yank some stupid donkey out of his truck through the window so we can settle up, he wants to let bygones be bygones. Imagine that?

18. freight48

freight48 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Your remark is ignorant.
    Saying "not to sound like an donkey" before you say something doesn't make you not sound like an donkey. That's like saying "I don't mean to be racist but..."

19. freight48

freight48 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    All you can get out of a V8 is 220hp? Really?
    I've seen I-4's get 400+HP!
    You've got some work to do.

20. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes, I believe it, have had the same thing happen a few times while driving the Prius, but NEVER while driving the FJ