1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius hybrid battery reconditioning

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by zeno, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    On Dr Prius, the voltage Delta is labeled Voltage Diff

2. Gino Veltri

Gino Veltri Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Oh gotcha, yea the voltage diff was crazy high 1.2 sometimes but no red triangle. I swapped the battery for a donor I reconditioned (with much closer voltages), car runs great but I just got the p0a08 and p0a09 on this other battery … I should add the small wire on the positive aux post block thing also came loose and this set off the lights. But is that the only culprit ? When I plug it back in the (!) goes off but the red triangle remains.

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Presuming you are now talking about the 12V battery +ve post, yes that is likely seeing as the purpose of that wire is to tell the inverter the voltage of the 12 V battery.

You should read the code(s) to see why the master warning light is on. It just might need to have a certain number of drive cycles without the error being present before the code moves to history from current and switches the light off. If the code(s) present makes sense to the current situation, then you can also clear them to turn the light off. If the code(s) do not make sense for the current situation then you need two investigate further.

4. Gino Veltri

Gino Veltri Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    ah, that is good to hear. That explains the p0a08 and p0a09, especially in the absence of p3000.