1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Hybrid vs. VW Diesel (new tech)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SB2, Sep 5, 2007.

1. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    The seat thing is one of my only real beefs with the car as well. I think it should be more adjustable. However, for me, the only problem is it is just a little too high. If I could drop it an inch or so it would be just right. That being said, I have driven the car to the west coast twice now, with 12 hr driving days, and not had a problem.

The one inch I'm looking for would make it a little nicer on my thighs and put the console and door armrest an inch higher, so I could use them more comfortably. But as the console and door armrest are so hard, a one inch pad will also work there. Going to have to relearn my sewing skills so I can make a couple of nice pads. The can be fastened to the existing rests with velcro tape - hook side.

2. Ken S

Ken S Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SB2 @ Sep 9 2007, 08:52 AM) [snapback]509478[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, you could take the old seats and use them for dining room chairs :)...or better yet put neon on them and sell them as video gaming seats....they'd make quite the splash if you could get the airbag to go off.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think you'd get much arguement that the #1 problem w/ the Prius is the seats. I completely understand that electric seats are heavy, would add cost, etc....I can live with manually adjusting seats that should add very little weight. a little lumbar thingy shouldn't be a problem to add either (again, manual is OK)....something to allow some tilt to get some forward thigh support. And I just can't understand why they didn't make the seat where it could go back 2" further...there's plenty of room back there and it would make a tremendous difference, for me, for long ride comfort.

While I've adapted to the seat over time and managed the 8+ hour ride to Chicago and back without requiring a Chiropractor I sure was wiggling around a lot trying to find a new comfortable position.

I guess what baffles me is knowing that Toyota is aware of this drawback and has been for a long time, and yet entering the 5th year of the Prius II production they've still not made significant changes to improve the comfort.

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 9 2007, 01:37 PM) [snapback]509646[/snapback]</div>
    The seats in my FJ are far more comfortable. There is no lumbar, but one can adjust the seat height and thigh cushion angle. That alone makes a huge difference in comfort. I've had the Prius down to Cabela's in Sidney, NE and I got pretty stiff

In August I drove the FJ to Sidney and it was far more comfy. True I only got 1/2 the fuel economy.

5. acdii

acdii Active Member

I dont mind the seats anymore now that they have 13000 miles in them. What it really needs is a telescopic steering wheel to make up for the lack of leg room.

Just finished a 19 hour drive from IL to PA, 812 miles, averaged 51.4 MPG. WHo said these dont get EPA!!!