1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius I or II or III?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by d4foster, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Bobbiesteel

Bobbiesteel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I own a 3rd gen prius 2 (2013) and a 2nd gen prius 4 (2007, package #6 as we call it). The difference in "levels" or "packages" is mostly luxury based, but those luxuries can be achieved in a lower level. I also work for a Toyota and Chrysler dealer as a master tech. I work on these vehicles being hybrid certified. The 3rd gen level 1 does not have smart key or ev mode. ALL 3rd gen speakers are JBL. The level one speaker part number is almost exactly the same as level 3. You just get a 2 way versus a one way speaker. The radio in the level 2 is not that bad. Mine has Bluetooth, etc. And for around $300 you can upgrade it to after market one with more features than a level 4 has. Including rear camera, DVD player, etc. I am just as happy with both level vehicles but for the money, the level 2 is your best bet. Besides the seats and trim material. You can upgrade the level 2 up to what you want and save thousands of $ over dealer package price. Food for thought