1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius II with leather!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Blind Guy, Jun 23, 2009.

1. radioprius1

radioprius1 Climate Conspirisist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is the port installed leather the Clazzio seat covers? Looks basically the same.?? is that dark or light gray interior?

2. esoniat

esoniat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This is the darker leather, and I don't know "Clazzio" I could ask. It was done in the Toyota port allegedly.

3. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    last leather car i had was a 2005 Subaru 3.0r. after investigating products to clean and condition it, an "anal retentive, obsessive compulsive" forum member (not here), recommend several products. Lexol was considered to be equivalent to be ..dog piss with an unappealing smell. the recommended products i used were by Four Star.

fourstarproducts

no, i don't sell stuff for a living

the first is four star ultimate leather cleaner gel. it cleans well with a very, very light wiping using a "scrunge" type sponge.

(picture a scrunge sponge here)
    (picture a bottle of fourstar ultimate leather cleaner gel here)

the second is their ultimate leather conditioner. it has the real new car leather smell people want, not that fake leather smell. i used to put it on 3-4 times year making sure i got the back of the rear headrest in the sedan. after 3 years the only crease i had was in the drivers seat. the rest was like new.

(picture a bottle of fourstar ultimate leather conditioner here)

as far as aftermarket leather being installed i got a quote 2 years ago from my subaru dealer, for $900, using an outside source and katzkin.

4. Jake Jake Jake F

Jake Jake Jake F New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Maybe this has been answered-- is there any way to get them to wrap the steering wheel in leather when they do the seats?

I haaaaaaaate the way my steering wheel feels.

5. kawita

kawita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  6. Jake Jake Jake F

Jake Jake Jake F New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I know, I saw that.. Is there any way to make it look a little more legit than that? Even though the wheelskins are relatively nice, they still look a little "bootleg."

7. capek

capek New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got my car back today after having leather installed, and am quite happy with it. I wasn't expecting it to be perforated in the center parts, but then again I don't know anything about car upholstery. The clunker I traded in had leather, and I don't think it was perforated, but I don't know how to judge the quality of the two leathers. I'll take some pictures tomorrow, but does the perforation serve a purpose, and is it an indicator of quality, one way or the other?

The fit is pretty good. Not completely tight, but nothing I could complain about either.

8. chancejd

chancejd New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I hope I am not being too repetitive (but I know how multiple people saying the thing can be more assuring). $1399 is for port-installed leather which is comparable to the leather in package IV and V. I have this in my car, and I love it! (I am very picky about how things look.) Just note that they will install it a little loose. This is because tight fitting tends to give way to cracking and tearing of the leather. Give it a few weeks (2), and it should tighten up and look just fine. Good luck!

9. chancejd

chancejd New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ah, I should also add that they cover the seats and the center console between the driver and front passenger seats. They do NOT cover the steering wheel, and there is no option to have it covered. You have to go aftermarket for that.

10. kawita

kawita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You can find one here for $349 plus shipping. I was worried it may affect the airbags but someone said it shouldn't. Let us know if you try it.

Toyota Prius 2010+ (ZVW30) Interior Accessories :: Sigma Automotive