1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius impounded

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by seasidetraveler, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom_06 @ Apr 21 2006, 05:17 PM) [snapback]243337[/snapback]</div>
    I agree in principle, though my alarm on my Integra is worth every penny, as it has already saved my car at least once.

In my case, my wife and I had just gone into a grocery store and about a minute later by pure chance we happened to be walking past a wooden emergency door facing the side of the building I was parked. My wife happened to hear an alarm through the door and was sure it was mine. I wasn't so sure, but I ran out to check anyway.

Sure enough, it was my alarm that was wailing. The driver door was ajar, clearly slim-jimmed, but fortunately no damage.

In hindsight, we vaguely recall a couple on a cell phone who followed us into the store, stayed about 100ft away at all times, and when we left so did they, without buying anything. Obviously they were on the phone with their partner(s) outside and told them to bail when I was coming.

BTW, the faceplate on my aftermarket radio was removed, so I am sure they were after the car, not the radio.

Therefore, my alarm has paid itself in spades. B)

- Kevin

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    While you could hop in to release the e-brake, you still can't disengate park w/o powering on the car unless you physically remove the actuator from the transmission (which I doubt they did).