1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius in Ready Mode can we lock/unlock with SKS Key fob hack!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Kaptainkid1, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Kaptainkid1

Kaptainkid1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I want to lock my 2nd Gen Prius while the car is parked in Ready Mode. It seems the SKS Key fob won't lock or unlock car while the car is on. Is there a hack someone has done to allow this functionality to work?
    Reason why I'm interested is I want to leave my car AC on during hot days. I want to come back to a cold car.
    I currently have a second key made so I can lock the car from the driver side door and not have to pull my key from the SKS Key fob every time I leave my car. 20210706_235637.jpg

SM-A526U ?

2. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    REALLY ?
    How LONG will it be just sitting there wasting gas and wearing out the AC components ?
    And you do realize that it will be a trivial thing to break a window and drive it off.........right ??
    This is a BAD idea. VERY BAD.
    But the only way you can do it is mechanically, either with a key or with the button inside the door before closing it.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try locking the door through the rolled down window, then hit the window up button and pull your hand out

Kaptainkid1 likes this.
  4. Kaptainkid1

Kaptainkid1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    1st the car has the technology to run like Tesla's pet mode. What is Pet Mode you ask?
    The car's AC can stays on to keep pets cool during hot days. Unfortunately the Tesla has a big LCD screen informing passer byers the animal is safe and isn't in a hot car.

This hack would allow owners to keep the car cool when you're jumping into the grocery store for 1/2 hour shopping and come back to a cool car. I'm willing to risk the break in for this conveince. Mainly when I do it now the Prius very quiet and people can't tell it's on until the engine kick in.

Right now I use a second key to open and lock the car and after finding out you can lock the car in Ready Mode from the door lock has made my life a bit easier and more comfortable.
    I think Prius should have Pet Mode for all their new Hybrids. It's a no Brainer.

SM-A526U ?

#4 Kaptainkid1, Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well, it must be a 'some brainer', cause toyota has none

mmmodem likes this.