1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius in Singapore

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by vincent1449p, Mar 3, 2005.

1. hokysushi

hokysushi New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Re: Which grade petrol for 06 Prius?

Tried one tank; no problems noted. Back to 95 as my regular station has stopped selling 92.

2. hokysushi

hokysushi New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    60,000 service

Going for my 60k next week. According to Toyota price menu, it'll cost me $360+ , parts will be extra.

How much will the total come to, everything being usual that is,; will someone please advise?

3. hokysushi

hokysushi New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Prius owners 'club' ?

Is there a club or such of Prius owners in Spore?
    Through which we could get in touch locally other than just in PriusChat, for chitchat about our love (our Prius, of course!), have a tehtarek, tokok other stuff, etc?
    Here's about my Prius

4. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Re: 60,000 service

Hi hokysushi,

I've not tried BM's service before, so can't comment on the pricing. I've been doing my own oil change and tyre rotation for the past 6 yrs and it is still running fine. No, I'm not suggesting you do the same, but just make sure to check out this link to compare which services are not required before going for the service:

http://priuschat.com/forums/care-ma...70-what-services-you-need-what-you-don-t.html

5. hokysushi

hokysushi New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Re: 60,000 service

Thanks, Vincent1449,
    Appreciate the link.

6. turnerdhr

turnerdhr HellaFlush(TM) Prius

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hi... just checking in.... i'm new here... spent 10 years on the east coast but back in singapore now.... i drive a 09 NHW20 White Prius.... doing my best to coast on the PIE without getting crucified.... be well people.... hopefully i'll see you on the roads....

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol. Good luck on the PIE!

Welcome to PriusChat!

8. vincent1449p

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    :welcome: turnerdhr!

I use the PIE daily, no problem at all. Before you coast, just be sure to check the rear-view mirrors first, there are just too many type A drivers on our roads!:mad:

9. turnerdhr

turnerdhr HellaFlush(TM) Prius

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i've had my share of them already.... but i bet they never expected a PRIUS driver to be so.... uh..... assertive...! hahaaaa....

10. peterlee

peterlee New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am also thinking of getting the 2010 Prius, have checked with BM but have not checked PI yet. Since u brought from PI, may I please find out from you other then the Jap MFD, any other differences betwwen the car offered by BM and your PI??? example, leather seats, DVD, moonroof etc???

11. vincent1449p

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Hi peterlee,

I think leebsq's Prius is a G2 which is different from the G3 that you are thinking of getting.

There is another Singaporean that is already owning a G3 (I think it is from the PI). Perhaps you might want to send a PM to geraldc.

PriusChat Forums - View Profile: geraldc

12. Mike Dimmick

Mike Dimmick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As for the MFD question, there is a menu in the 2G Prius which allows the Destination to be set. I'm not sure if anyone has actually done it, though. See here for the steps to get into it.

This menu is totally undocumented, even in the official service manuals. It seems to be a factory menu. I imagine that you could void your warranty if you set something incorrectly and you can't undo it.

I expect that there is a route into the equivalent on the Gen 3 car, but it would have to be some combination of steering wheel button presses since the touch-screen is no longer present on all cars, only those with reversing camera, park assist and/or navigation.

13. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nobody has found a way of getting into a menu to allow input of destination in a Gen 3. I have searched for a way but to no avail.
    Hi again, Vincent, long time no contact.

14. vincent1449p

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Ya, it's been a while. So how is your FC tracking? Have you observed any discrepancy between the MFD reading and the lifetime calculation?

15. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not really because I reset the MFD at each fill-up. Over 34,000km I had a calculated FC of 5.1 l/100km which is reasonable considering the number of very short trips.
    The mapping system I use shows a discrepency between MFD figures per tank full and those calculated from km travelled and fuel used. I put this down to the fact that it is impossible to calculate accurately the fuel used.
    I have upgraded to a Gen 3 and am now getting much better FE. Because the Gen 3 keeps MFD readings for Trip A and Trip B displays I can now compare the FC reading since new (trip A) against overall actual fuel used and km driven. When I log all the figures I will let you know the result.
    Your FC figures are awesome. Are all Singapore roads down hill?

16. vincent1449p

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    LOL, how I wish there were all down hill. On the contrary, almost all of my commutes are on flat terrain. There aren't many hills in our small island. The highest hill stands at a mere 163.63 metres (537 ft.). As for the FC figures, I just try to do better then the previous year, sort of competing against myself.

It is good to know that Gen 3 is giving more options to users on how they want to track their FC by having a separate MFD readings for Trip A and Trip B. They should have implemented this in previous generations.

17. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The way I am operating means I have both trips tied up. Pity they did not display FC with the ODO.
    The best FC I have had on a tank of petrol is 4.0l/100km. I achieved that driving on open highways (100km/h) and driving about 100km in a big city.
    Having the FC graphically display in 1 minute segments instead of 5 makes it easier to associate driving conditions with the resultant FC.

18. vincent1449p

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Cool, I can only get 4.5l/100km @ 100kmh. But I seldom drive above 80kmh because our highways are speed limited at 80kmh and some stretches at 90kmh. If I cross the border to Malaysia, the speed limit is higher at 110kmh and my FC always increases. Attach my FC chart:

Attached Files:

19. vincent1449p

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    After almost 7 years and 112,000 km, the Master Warning Light and the Hybrid System Warning Light finally pop up while driving. The MIL was not on though. The car sounded and behaved like normal despite the warning. So I pulled over to check what was wrong. After a few restarts, the warning lights would not go off. Since it was near my house, I decided to try driving back home. The car started as per normal and I can switch to the Energy & Consumption Screen by pressing the Info button. The SOC was at 50% and arrows flowing into and out of the HV Bty as per normal. Consumption was also normal. Fuel tank was more than 3/4 full.

At home, I checked the Brake Fluid level, Engine Coolant level Inverter Coolant level and Engine Oil level, all were OK. Then I recalled many posts regarding the sticky Throttle plate. Sure enough, it was very dirty as I have never clean it before. I used a long stick to loosen the Throttle plate. I restarted the engine, the warning lights still appear. Feeling a bit discouraged, I decided to call it a day.

The warning lights were on the whole time when I drive to work the next day. On returning home in the evening, it disappeared when I started the car! I guessed that maybe the car need to be driven so that the ECM would detect that the throttle plate is functioning normally again.

This weekend, I 'll get the Throttle body cleaner and brush to clean it up thoroughly. I 'll also add it into my DIY maintenance lists from now on.

20. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    mmm.. interesting. Is that issue limited to the NHW-11?