1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Insurance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by marjflowers, Apr 4, 2006.

1. bradrayrich

bradrayrich New Member

I'm paying around $400/year for full coverage with Esurance. They seem to have the best rates I have ever seen.

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My insurance (State Farm) went up ~$12/month when I replaced my 1996 Saturn with the new Prius. My insurance was already low to begin with, so I have no complaints about it.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    your state will also dictate some of the insurance rates.

for instance, NC will not allow things like student discounts, the Allstate Good Driver Incentive or the Deductible Rewards program they offer.

there was no problem getting these discounts when we lived in WI. and i know the agent isn't lying to us, since we've been told this by around 5 different companies.

4. rjrose

rjrose Junior Member

I went from a 2001 Solara to a 2006 Prius, with State Farm, same coverage. Went down $30/month.

5. Cocoatreat

Cocoatreat New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i think florida rates are insane! so i left progressive (who charged me a hefty price for a '92 prelude) for liberty mutual......insured thru my credit union.......$1800 for both cars....... someone told me that u get a cheaper rate when your car is paid for......so both are.....& its just all about the insurance! :eek:

6. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mine went down a couple hundred for the year. My previous was a Sport Trac

7. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just got our insurance bill last night. We traded in an '04 Honda CRV for our '06 Prius, and our insurance went up $127.80 for six months (GEICO). I'm disappointed. I figured the insurance would be more for a new vehicle versus a used vehicle, but with all the safety equipment on the Prius (package #6), I didn't think the insurance would go up as much as it did.

8. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

My 2005 Prius is listed as my "vehicle 2", which means that Liberty Mutual is giving me some sort of break on the price for owning multiple vehicles.

I pay $858 for 12 months coverage on it, with $1k deductibles and increased liability (100k/300k/100k).

I'm in Florida.