1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius is still a rare sight...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusham, Mar 29, 2005.

1. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If I see a black one with the accessories described in your sig I will make sure to wave. I live near the intersection of University and MLK near where South Square Mall used to be. You said that you live about 2.5 miles from Duke. Does that put you right in my neighborhood as well? I haven't been on Duke's campus in a while, but given the demographics there I'm not surprised that you find more luxury vehicles and less socially conscious cars there than in Chapel Hill.

Also, seeing as there are Prius clubs in various parts of the country but none in the Triangle yet, is anybody interested in forming a Prius or Hybrid club for the Triangle?

2. Orsino

Orsino New Member

I've seen a few Prii around Atlanta, but last weekend's trip to southern Virginia was educational. Five hundred miles each way, but my wife and I saw no other Prius either way--and we look.

However, on Saturday morning, we took my mother into town (a little college town), and spotted one on a back residential street. Good on you, Farmville, VA!

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sure, it sounds like fun! But how do we spread the word to those non-Priuschat folk?

And, I live north of Duke just off 751, not too far from your neighborhood.

4. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm going to start a new thread about this. Apologies to original poster for almost hijacking your thread.

5. BoBraxton

BoBraxton New Member

Fairfax, VA, I saw 1704 CF (Virginia plates) on Prius classic this morning at Zion Road and Guinea (New Guinea). Spouse is enjoying her silver Pkg# 2 which she purchased Monday evening so ours still has the cardboard tags, though she wants to transfer her existing vanity plates.

6. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ltu1542hvy\";p=\"77319)</div>
    No appology required. Just pointing out that I drove 1,400 miles last weekend and saw a grand total of THREE 2G Prius, including mine!