1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius is too darn quiet!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Renocat, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Sep 30 2006, 05:17 PM) [snapback]326240[/snapback]</div>
    Best said! We live in a country where the belief is that the whole world revolves around the individual. And the individual is NEVER responsible for their own actions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Sep 30 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]326255[/snapback]</div>
    I especially love the quiet at night when I turn off the MFD and just coast along with the stars and the crickets!

2. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <_< Imagine if all autos and trucks were hybrids or ev's!living in the city or near a busy road would be sooo much more quiet.Ahhhh I would like!!! :rolleyes:

3. New Revelation

New Revelation The Master Captain

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(billyboy @ Sep 30 2006, 04:12 PM) [snapback]326157[/snapback]</div>
    Is it even legal to have a horn like that on your car? I mean man, that would really get pesky folks out of your way, especially the ones that tend to cut you off in traffic! :D

4. billyboy

billyboy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Sep 30 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]326280[/snapback]</div>
    It amazes me how inattentive both drivers and people just walking around are. Two recent scary examples I experienced on my bike. I was pedaling down a wide side street going about 15 MPH downhill, about 100 feet ahead I see somebody flying out of their driveway in reverse. I immediately start to take evasive moves, both moving to the far side of the street and slowing down, now I'm about ten feet away and see this woman, her head facing foward, not looking at all in the direction she's going and already on her cell phone. A couple seconds later I mange to come to a full stop, and get up on the parkway grass, her bumper literally a foot or less away from me. Yes, I lost it and called this bimbo a few choice names for being so damn reckless. I was screaming at the top of my lungs to watch out and she also had the radio blasting and didn't hear me.

Just this week I was riding down a major 4 lane divided hiway that was under construction with the pavement very rough. Normally I use the sidewalk in this area but couldn't becasue they had the sidewalk all broke up too. The speed limit was down to 20 MPH, one lane. Driver after driver that passed me, first slowed down, then almost stopped once along side me getting within inches, then pulling ahead. There is plenty of room to steer further left in the traffic lane but these morons all seem to delight in getting as close to somebody on a bike as they could in some sick game of chicken. One "lady" after following me for about 500 feet just creeping along maybe a foot away from me in the back and just inches to my left, sceams at me don't you think you would be safer on the sidewalk? I responded, yes I guess, with idiots like you driving.

5. narussian

narussian New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Sep 30 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]326280[/snapback]</div>

That is so awesome!!! I wish the Prius had that, how cool!!

6. billyboy

billyboy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(narussian @ Oct 1 2006, 10:04 AM) [snapback]326453[/snapback]</div>
    I bet there is some after-market devices you can have easily installed.

I got a idea for a cool toy.

The Pirus should come with a LCD screen on the back that the driver can flip off and on. Eveytime some bozo in a big gas guzzling SUV or some dummy starts to tailgate you could flip a switch and have it show your current MPG reading. :D

7. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hopeful Future Prius Owner @ Oct 1 2006, 07:20 AM) [snapback]326436[/snapback]</div>
    I have a 140db horn on my bicycle. I kid you not. 120psi Air-powered.

8. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

From my motorcycle riding days-instead of driving defensively, I drive assuming that they other guy is TRYING to kill me. I brought that assumption over to bike riding and driving.

The only place I can't defend against is behind. Only accidents that I have been in is being rear-ended 2 times.

I assume pedestrians are tuned out and that they will step in front of me. With cell phones, I-pods, etc., this is a safe assumption. I have the same problem with non-hybrid vehicles.

PS- I've also done the tuned out walking myself.