1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius IV features worth the price?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by chip_designer, Sep 11, 2009.

1. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    They are very fun to play with on warm days - you just press the button, and see how long it takes, and how your passenger reacts - or squirms...

2. MataOrtiz

MataOrtiz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just love my Prius IV with its extra features. Heated leather seats were wonderful on a recent cold morning. The lumbar support is a plus. The auto opening on 3 doors with fob is great. Can't really tell the difference with the water repellent windows or Plasmacluster. And in order to make homelink work, I will need to climb a ladder in my garage, so haven't set that up yet. But most of all, I love the solar roof!! Don't know if these are still in short supply but I saw at least two Prius IV Barcelona red with solar roof just last night at Muller Toyota in Clinton NJ. Just arrived. I bought my car from Pete Feld there, who has been extremely helpful.

3. Fstr911

Fstr911 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    -smartkey for passenger and hatch backdoor
    This is REALLY nice. How did I live without it?

-homelink
    Had this on every car for the last several years. A must have in my book.

-leather seating
    Love the smell of leather and cloth seats have always seemed a little basic to me.

Complaint: They should have never built any IV model without the auto headlights. Now I have to train myself (old dog- new tricks?) to turn them on in the rain (I think I can figure it out at night).

4. Holbrook22

Holbrook22 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I really think the extra features on the IV are well worth it.
    The leather seats are very comfortable. They're supportive yet not too firm to be uncomfortable during a long trip. The adjustable lumbar support is great. Without it I'd have to put a pillow behind my back on extended trips.
    We recently had a very cool morning and the seat heater felt sooo good. I may not use it often, but when it is appropriate it is a wonderful option to have.
    The three door smart-key is a real convenience......especially having the rear hatch tied in.
    The auto dimming rear view mirror works nicely and now I miss not having it on my other car. One gets spoiled very easily.
    We have the Home-link tied into our home alarm system and that is a nice convenience too.
    Rain-X or other product would do the same for water repelling on the side windows. That's no big thing.
    As for the Plasmacluster, I have no idea if it does anything or not. We have not noticed anything different with it on.
    Good luck with your decision.