1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Limo???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Barcelona Red Lass, Aug 14, 2007.

1. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had an old 1.3 megapixel camera which had a pretty slow shutter speed and small lens. I was passenger in a car traveling at 110km/h when I took a photo out of the left window (right hand drive in Australia) and when I got home and down loaded the picture the fence posts were all sloping to the right!!! I know when I took the photo all the fince posts were standing up straight.

The reason this happened I think is the image was recorded in lines from one side of the picture to the other, and from the top of the screen down. As the background was a long way away there was little picture distortion but the fence posts were reasonably close. each line scan of the image was later than the last and the car had moved forward so the image was slightly further to the left then the next scan a little later was slightly to the left and so on, this made the forground image slope to the right.

Maybe the phone was side on and the image was stretched? Or maybe it's photoshoped or some other imaging software.

2. Bear68

Bear68 Member

Ummmm Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...............

IT'S AN ARMADILLO!!!!!! :lol:

3. xbdude

xbdude opticat

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Somebody's pants are on fire . . . .

4. Tenebre

Tenebre Custom User Title

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Slair @ Aug 15 2007, 07:16 PM) [snapback]496228[/snapback]</div>
    It might be illegal in the U.S. to make a limo with three doors, but you can make a limo with three doors (or more) that is as safe as a regular stretch limo.

Check out this Volvo S80 built by Nilsson Special Vehicles in Laholm, Sweden:
    [​IMG]

To claim that their products are unsafe would be to lie.

5. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tenebre @ Aug 18 2007, 07:47 AM) [snapback]498313[/snapback]</div>
    But, notice that there is a panel between the front and the next door.. that would be extra strength for the car.
    The OP's photo is missing any sort of strengthening panel.

6. Tenebre

Tenebre Custom User Title

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Aug 19 2007, 02:05 AM) [snapback]498470[/snapback]</div>

You are totally missing the point of my post.

7. N8802B

N8802B New Member

Just so you guys know, Lass is telling the truth. You "it's a pchop!!!1!!1" people need to work on stating that it's your "opinion" and not "fact", that photos have been altered, otherwise you'll look like an idiot when proven wrong. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. N8802B

N8802B New Member

Also... These pics were taken in Pennsylvania, so apparently the Prius Limo gets around.

And...

ManBearPig is real. I'm super, duper, serial.

9. augustson

augustson New Member

In all fairness, your posting of these photos proves nothing about the photo in the original post. Also, from what I can tell, no one really called Lass a liar.

These photos are interesting. What did you observe about the car that we can't see from the photos?

Welcome to PriusChat....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(N8802B @ Aug 20 2007, 04:06 PM) [snapback]499328[/snapback]</div>

10. N8802B

N8802B New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(augustson @ Aug 20 2007, 03:18 PM) [snapback]499341[/snapback]</div>
    I observed shoddy bodywork... I'd assume the "door" is welded in place, but they have yet to fill the door handle and extra antenna hole, so they left the accessories intact to retain watertight-ness.

I'm thinking this car is a work in progress. It is most definitely not a Photoshop, as that program hasn't been uploaded to my brain yet. :D

11. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That mod surely will void the warranty. :)

12. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    HTTP 404 Not Found

13. wiiprii

wiiprii New Member

totally photoshopped! give us a break!! geez when will this crap ever end???

14. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After a good analysis of these two new photos I would have to say its still looks shopped. I don't think anyone would drive around in a "work in progress" car. That hump in the middle there is a sign of a person that does not know how to scale the image in photo shop to get the right perspective. There are also two dots on the middle window. These look like left overs from a shopped photo that did not get corrected. They cant be reflections at the two pictures were taken about 9 seconds apart first picture with flash the second with out flash using an Olympus digital camera model FE230. If it was a reflection a reflection that big would have move quite a distance during 9 seconds of movement of the surroundings and the two cars and they don't look to be coming from inside the car.

To me it still looks like a decent try at a photoshop or a very very bad custom limo job done by someone that does not know what they are doing. I'm still leaning toward the photoshop.

15. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(N8802B @ Aug 20 2007, 01:06 PM) [snapback]499328[/snapback]</div>
    Good heavens!
    Now, why in the world wouldn't you, at least, start with the Touring model?
    Get a good photo of a Touring model, and play around with that.

16. N8802B

N8802B New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(catgic @ Aug 20 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]499361[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe the semen in your eye has something to do with the fact you think this is a photoshopped image. ;)

Kidding aside, there are now two, indifferent people that swear that they've seen this car in the flesh.

I could care less about Prii in general, far less whether you believe me or the OP. This thread came up in a Google search, so I figured I'd share.

Pics have now hit the front page of http://www.motivemag.com/ and are being discussed in www.thecarlounge.net (forum thread linked via motivemag).

17. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After looking at N8802B high res pictures it does in fact look to be a real Prius with a poorly done limo chop. N8802B could you post links to your originals here? I did not want to post them without your permission.

After closer examination it looks like the owner of the prius may have used two cars? an 04-05 and an 06-07? If you look at the front of the car you can clearly see a hybrid emblem on the side. This means the front is an 06-07 and the rear is an 04-05 because of the tail lights. Or it could mean they just bought and stuck on the hybrid emblem. This might also explain the color difference. But why would you not paint the whole car to match?

We need to find this Prius owner and ask him a few questions.

18. N8802B

N8802B New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There you be, sir.

19. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, I'll buy it, it real and I appologise if anyone thought I was calling them a lier, sorry.
    Now onto the limo, that looks like a crap job and a HSD about to die to me.
    The dots on the middle window are suction caps holding a sunshade up.

20. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheForce @ 2007 Aug 20 3:22 PM) [snapback]499389[/snapback]</div>
    I'd like to ask them...why they have two antennae on their car...if they have two BT braces, and if that isn't going to void their warranty twice over...and what tire pressure are they using...what kind of mileage do they get? :)