1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Limo???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Barcelona Red Lass, Aug 14, 2007.

1. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The gap between the front and rear doors in this latest image is much smaller than that in the previously posted images. I don't expect a third door to appear there - more likely a solid structure as seen in typical limo conversions. Also, taking into consideration that the image is hosted by a site that does repairs on salvaged Priuses (some pretty ugly wrecks there), I'm willing to accept this image as genuine. Heck, they turned a totaled Prius into a convertible.

I'm not 100% positive the previously posted images were fake - I think they are but I wouldn't be surprised to be proven wrong. I don't think lass is lying - I think her kid is smarter than she thinks he is and that he's pulling her leg.

2. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    HTTP 404 Not Found

3. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That was my point about letting y'all google to find your own info.
    Remember, I went to hang out with Steve at Autobeyours a bit
    post-Hybridfest; he's done some pretty amazing recovery/rebuild
    of Prius bodies and when I sent him the links to Alexsark's site he
    was like "oh yeah, I've talked to him extensively and here are more
    pictures" in a giant attachment. Apparently it's the same guy from
    Biola University, too, and has now moved to Canada. Using that
    car, apparently.
    Now I've got a question. Jason, where did you come up with the
    pointer to Alex's pix?
    _H*

4. acveka

acveka New Member

I had a stretch Prius sighting standing at the curb at Chicago Midway a few weeks back, I had to take a third look to really believe what I was seeing.. I noticed that the interior panels on the middle door was missing, it looked like all metal. E.g. a work in progress? Another cell-phone pic, bring on the photochop hagglers:

[​IMG]

5. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lass @ Aug 20 2007, 05:35 PM) [snapback]499461[/snapback]</div>
    [attachmentid=11060]

My Voodoo Adviser says it is real - the middle door detail was done on purpose for the owner's mother-in-law that had an accident in Bolivia and her right arm was set crooked at the local emergency room. Now, with the window down, she can rest her arm without a problem.

Attached Files:

6. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So, why would someone sign up at PriusChat, and for their very first, maiden posting, post a cellphone photo of a "prius limo" that they took?
    How did they even know about the discussion?

7. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My Voodoo Adviser says that the OP had access to a time-machine that allowed him/her to know in advance what the discussion would be.

p.s: Life is too short to be taken seriously.

8. Katebell1977

Katebell1977 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Lass,

where was your son? is that irvine? the houses look alike so i can believe it because i know orange county pretty well since i live in the oc. what city was he in?

9. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Sep 2 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]505939[/snapback]</div>
    One possibility is that we could be getting trolled by bored members of another online forum.

10. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Lurking?
    Saw the car snapped pick, googled stretched Prius or Prius Limo and found this thread?

11. acveka

acveka New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Sep 2 2007, 03:23 PM) [snapback]506054[/snapback]</div>
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

People - welcome to the interweb.

12. Prius Limo

Prius Limo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheForce @ Aug 14 2007, 06:24 PM) [snapback]495690[/snapback]</div>

I am the owner of the Prius pictured above. I modified it to accomidate my family of six. Yes, it still gets 50 mpg.

13. Malarkey

Malarkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius Limo @ Sep 9 2007, 03:33 PM) [snapback]509661[/snapback]</div>
    Neato - have any interior shots? Would love to have details on it.

14. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius Limo @ Sep 9 2007, 03:33 PM) [snapback]509661[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to PriusChat! As you can see there is a lot of talk going on about your limo Prius. If you could we would like to know more about it. I think we all would like a lot more detailed pictures. :D

15. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's an entertaining and unique enough mod that if at all possible,
    you oughta have a whole web page about it someplace! Hey, what are
    you doing right around the end of September? We've got this li'l
    party happening in Boston...
    _H*

16. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Sep 2 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]505939[/snapback]</div>

You'll notice my first post to Priuschat is NOT my first post on this thread. Not to mention the fact that hobbit was able to shed light on the situation, noting that one of his contacts from the Hybridfest actually KNEW the driver of the car my son took pics of- and also that the driver had been a Biola University student moving across country. Since I live about 10 miles from Biola it is obvious we saw the same person as the other posters on the other board also saw.

That's why, Ray Vynn, I suggested that people who thought they knew it all should back off. And I was proved right.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KateBell1977 @ Sep 2 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]506034[/snapback]</div>
    Kate, he was about 5 minutes from our house in La Habra.

17. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lass @ Sep 9 2007, 03:33 PM) [snapback]509732[/snapback]</div>
    Um, wasn't talking about your posting. It was the OTHER cellphone photo that I was referring to.
    Gee, you seem a bit sensitive about all this.

18. hampdenwireless

hampdenwireless Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    This is one of the most interesting threads I have read on the internet in a while! With photoshop out there its hard for people to know if things are real or fake and it has undermined the credibility of photos. Look how badly the original poster was treated by some <but not all>. There are some that 'knew' in their mind absolutely the photo was a photoshop fake. Even when the second round of pictures was posted people were looking deep into the pixels to make up their mind if it was real or not. TURNS OUT ITS REAL.

Look at all the attacks into credibility. Who took the picture? Did he modify it? Were others involved in processing it? How long were posters to this thread members? Looking at lighting, any detail scratch pixel etc for flaws. I bet some of those people still think the whole thing is a complex fake originating from another forum of Prius haters.

I love photoshop but its a shame that it has undermined peoples faith in the photograph.

19. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Sep 9 2007, 05:06 PM) [snapback]509768[/snapback]</div>

Perhaps you would be too, if people you don't know had called you a liar because they didn't want to believe that you might be right.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hampdenwireless @ Sep 9 2007, 05:29 PM) [snapback]509773[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly my point, hampdenwireless. They don't know me or my son, but I <HAD> to be a liar just because others couldn't believe it was true. Hence my comments about "know it alls".

Like you, I am positive there are still some that don't believe it's real, and still wouldn't even if it drove up into their driveways for them to take pics of.

Too bad, really.

20. augustson

augustson New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lass @ Sep 11 2007, 03:05 PM) [snapback]510722[/snapback]</div>
    You keep saying someone called you a liar. I don't think anyone said that. I DO feel like you've REALLY over-reacted to this whole issue.

You post a picture and then people say it could be a fake. Who cares? With the amount of whining you did about it in this post, I was actually hoping it was a fake just so you might stop claiming that people are calling you a liar.