1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius lost top slot in California - too long product cycle behind

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by priusplusowner, May 18, 2014.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Biggest reason to go out and test drive an Accord Hybrid would be to come back here and confirm, yep, the Prius definitely kinda sucks driving-wise. Find me one article not written by a lunatic claiming the Prius handles great, is quiet on highway, is quck and agile. Any 9th gen Accord is all those things and more.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Actually, I'm having a hard time remembering any Toyota we've owned that would be considered a driver's car:
    • 1991 Camry - kinda of a boat, not terribly precise
    • 2001 Echo - sorta went where steered but top heavy, exciting (near death!) sharp turns
    • 2003 Prius - neutral steering stability until over-diameter tires installed, low CG for great turns but the rear beam, yeck!
    • 2010 Prius - low CG good but the rear is at best tolerable, stability OK
    No, these are not 'track' cars by any stretch of the imagination. Rather, they are basic transportation to get from point A to point B with a reasonable amount of stuff. But they have been and are great at the gas pump!

Bob Wilson

3. WNY-HYBRID

WNY-HYBRID Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    But which will last longer? Honda doesn't exactly have the best hybrid stats. Only Time will tell

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm just a little ticked as I just scooted my seat another notch forward to be able to reach the steering wheel (it warmer and i'm commuting without light jacket).
    That's 3 notches forward from full back and my legs are borderline cramped. I have long arms too. So frustrating to see Toyota check the tilt / telescopic feature box and not optimize the layout between the seat and steering wheel.

:mad:

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you're on an island my friend, get over it.;)

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hopefully the trend continues.

Wanna do 6 year design cycles with only bumper and iMID changes? Pay the price.

Attached Files:

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    believe it or not, i actually clicked on hybrid cars.com "get me a quote on an accord hybrid". what i got back from two local dealers was the question, when could i come in and test drive a regular accord?.

bwilson4web and austingreen like this.