1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius made for puerto rico brought to florida

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Beachbummm, May 10, 2015.

1. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Im wondering if there is any difference between the cars made for sale inside the continental USA and ones shipped to Puerto rico. I just bought a 2005 base model from an estate sale and when I was checking around the engine compartment I noticed stickers with the vin number from P.R.

the car has a clean florida title so the paper work is good, Im just wondering if all the parts and emission equipment are the same

Its getting better MPG then my current 2004 prius by 8 mpg...ignore the "fuelly" below, I entered something wrong, the 05 is getting 54.3 mpg

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You can edit, or even delete, your Fuelly entries, so you should be able to correct any error(s) you made.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Look at the emissions sticker on the inside of the hood. It probably will say that the car qualifies for California AT-PZEV certification, in which case it has the same emissions control equipment.

There may be slight differences in optional equipment vs. mainland US models, that was the case with my 2001 and 2004, which were both originally sold in Honolulu.

4. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    will check Thanks