1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius main battery drained?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by christet, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Banjoman

Banjoman Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thank you Donee for your detailed and logical explanation of the electrical system in the Prius. I learned a lot from reading it and stand corrected on my previous post. (As mentioned, the Prius is smarter then most of us and I include me in "most".) The Pirus technology is really amazing to me.

On a related subject, I was very disappointed with the sound of the premium JBL system. I found that adding a more powerful audio amp after the JBL PA pretty much fixed this even with just the factory speakers. I am leaping to the conclusion that the JBL amp is under-powered by design in order to keep its current draw as low as possible in the grand scheme of Prius energy conservation. Does this make sense?

Dave

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andyprius @ Sep 2 2007, 12:41 PM) [snapback]505916[/snapback]</div>
    Understood. I was replying to the digression, not to the original question.

3. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(richard schumacher @ Sep 3 2007, 08:45 AM) [snapback]506265[/snapback]</div>
    I ackmowledge and yield to your digression. Andy.