1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Manual in French?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Kathryn, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I'm trying to find a copy of the Prius manual in French. I assumed that one was available, because the car "speaks" French as one of its display options ("Madeleine's" display is now in French, except for the air conditioning and the radio: comme c'est curieux, comme c'est bizarre!).

When I first asked my dealer about it vis e-mail, he replied with "Why in the world would you want it in French? Isn't it hard enough to understand". Pretty much a non-reply, IMO. Then, when I saw him in person (because I needed a dealer sig to get my $300 rebate check---didn't Toyota HAVE my info already?) and asked, he called someone and said he'd get back to me.

Today, I e-mailed him again. And he says "According to the people in California, you can't get a manual for that car in French."

True or not true? I thought that anything sold in Québec had to have a French language version.

2. Marg

Marg New Member

Yeah, you'd think the manual would be available in French. After all, the car is sold in at least two francophone markets -- France and Quebec.

I'm in a pretty bilingual town. I'll call my dealership to see if they have French copies available.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would go to the Toyota Canada site and look.

4. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    Give Toyota France a call or e-mail Contact over

http://www.toyota.fr/forms/contact.html

Or if you can wait until the end of the year, email me your details and I will order one next time Im in France and post it to you.

5. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Merci for the replies!
    I'll check out Toyota Canada, then France, and let you know what response I get.