1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius meet - March 10, 2007

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by V8Cobrakid, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure where that date came from. I have been off doing my own thing. While I've been very active in the general forums, I lacked activity among the group I'm moderator of.

I do apologies for any mis interpretations or any assumptions i may have wrongly assumed against you ruf'.

Let's make this random. It's a lot easier than fishing for a schedule.

I say there should be 3 meets a year. If this works out, we'll add one. Regions will go from:

South bay:
    Shoreline Amphitheater
    One Amphitheatre Parkway
    Mountain View, CA 94043
    Phone 650.967.3000

The second spot will either be more towards S.F, Napa, or on the coast.

The Third spot will be Towards Berkeley or Walnut Creek.

I will try to attend every event. :)

Which days:

Just past mid month. split the year into equal parts.

March, 10
    June, 9
    Sept, 8

Next year, we start in January. This will put us up to 4.

I picked these days because they seem most convenient.

See everyone there. ;)

2. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For them wot may have missed it from the now (apparently) locked topic, per Cobra:

"from noon until 1 is the arrival time. Therefore all "events" start at 1. we leave as we get bored. (bring a book... j/k) I hope it's not raining. lol. smile.gif

Bring what you can. I don't remember if shoreline had any real facilities to the public ( bbq, bathroom, tables)

Maybe someone a little more familiar with the region could fill us all in?"

Back to Rufaro....

Because she likes to be difficult...

I just did a search on Shoreline, and don't see that it is open at all when there is no event...BUT...the city directory-ish thing says: "Shoreline at Mountain View
    3070 North Shoreline Boulevard (North end of Shoreline Boulevard)
    Amenities include: Nature preserve, environmental education, passive areas, picnic area, trail access, and restrooms. "...which is perhaps wot cobra was thinking of...

I'll back off now, before anyone decides I need a bop on the noggin...Hi Zibu...

3. zibudog

zibudog New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Feb 25 2007, 02:13 AM) [snapback]396146[/snapback]</div>
    BOP! :lol:

Looks like I'll be able to make it. But there are a number of lots there, can V8 give some clarification?

Thanks!

PS Ruff, I'll bring some better wine this time :)

4. SunnyvalePrius

SunnyvalePrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Feb 25 2007, 01:13 AM) [snapback]396146[/snapback]</div>
    Well, right next to Shoreline Amphitheater is Shoreline Park. I've been there a few times and while I don't specifically remember picnic tables, it's a fairly sizable park with lots of amenities, including little pedal-powered boats for rent on the little lake in the park, so I think it's likely it has picnic tables, bathrooms, etc. Maybe it makes sense to meet there rather than in the Amphitheater parking lot?

If anyone's interested, I could do a scouting run for a good place to meet, and get some pictures. I live not far away. The park is a little hard to find if you don't know it's there, but with proper instructions it's easy enough. You basically just continue on Shoreline Blvd past the Amphitheater. You immediately reach a little guard post and gates that looks like it only gives access to a golf course, but if you just drive right past the guard post, the road takes you around the golf course and to the parking lots for the park (the golf course is actually on a small part of a larger park).

http://baytrail.abag.ca.gov/vtour/map3/acc...nvw/Btmtvw2.htm

5. bhromec

bhromec New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sunnyvale Prius @ Mar 5 2007, 03:06 AM) [snapback]400221[/snapback]</div>

Oh goody! Soooo glad I found this info. I had been getting the notice of new date, but could not find the time or location! I nearly panicked! ;) I am a newbie (got my AWESOME car two months ago) and REEEEALLY want to attend the meets! Thanks for clarifying that it's Shoreline Park, and not the ampitheater parking lot, tho, I'll probably start by waiting there at noon. I will then continue to over to the lake parking lot, which is prob. where I'll know I'm in the right place by spotting alllllllllllllll those fantastic Priuses. :D

Looking forward to meeting everyone then and comparing notes!

Thanks! :)

6. SunnyvalePrius

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(convert @ Mar 6 2007, 09:09 AM) [snapback]400924[/snapback]</div>
    I see so many Prii around the Bay Area wherever I go -- I'm not sure I'll know which Prii to approach...

7. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The first time we met at Shoreline was back in 2004. V8 Cobrakid was instrumental in getting that meeting together. If my memory is correct (that's a big if) we met relatively close to the lake. I do remember driving around until I found a group of Prius. I had to leave before the group photo, and if I make it this time, I'll leave early as well. (I work night shift.)

8. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Woot! I'll be there. Look for the Red Prius with the cool white prius stickers. After extensive testing, I've found that the stickers increase the gas mileage by almost 0.0% while boosting power by another 0.0%.

9. MacDude

MacDude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Alas, I'll be setting up for a dance all day at my son's school. :(

Have fun!

10. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Sorry, I had to leave so soon, had to get the grandaughter to a meeting. Did any more show up after I left? Heck I typically have seen more prius at a stoplight than I saw at the meet.

11. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    GAH! (...quote citation...Galaxee...)

Woudja believe I got lost...? (And, if you know me even a LITTLE--you COULD well have believed that, at least until I got the Garmin...)

Nope...not that one, but a whole other concatenation of events...adding up to migraine headache. It's tough to drive with one eye closed and the other only a slit, never mind the blackout curtains on all the windows AND the earplugs...

I am very sorry. I really did want to be there.

(And now, I get to wallow in my genetically inbred guilt...)

:(

12. SunnyvalePrius

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Mar 12 2007, 09:24 AM) [snapback]404240[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sorry you weren't able to make it. I hope the migraines have gone now. It's far better to miss one meet, though, than drive with one eye and harm the Prius...

So we'll just have to have another one soon. :)

For those who did make it, it was great meeting you and spending a couple of hours talking Prius. For those who didn't make it, I hope you can make the next one.

I have a group picture of all the cars that showed up (five) and their humans next to them -- what's the etiquette of posting such a picture? I thought it would be fun to post, but maybe not everyone wants their picture on-line. I also have a cars-only shot if that would be better.

About the future: would anyone be interested in a meet-and-hike event? It seems like a lot of Prius owners like the outdoors, so we could get together, check out each others' cars, then go on a short hike while talking Prius. It wouldn't have to be anything long or difficult, just a chance to enjoy some walking combined with the company of other Prius enthusiasts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bhaynnes @ Mar 12 2007, 09:04 AM) [snapback]404230[/snapback]</div>
    No, there were just the five cars that showed up (unless someone else couldn't figure out which parking lot we were in).

13. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sunnyvale Prius @ Mar 12 2007, 04:27 PM) [snapback]404422[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you. I think. [​IMG]

14. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

We have a Flickr account to document our outings. Here's the URL to the last meeting. If others want to add photos, I can tell them the secret password to get in.

Bay Area Prius Group

15. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sunnyvale Prius @ Mar 12 2007, 04:27 PM) [snapback]404422[/snapback]</div>
    Wow... that's a pretty low turnout. I might have shown up if I had known about it a month ago. : ( I don't monitor this area regularly.

I've meet to Nissan meets in the Seattle area, and a lot more than 5 cars show up to those but they span many different models.

16. zibudog

zibudog New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cwerdna @ Apr 8 2007, 03:01 AM) [snapback]419765[/snapback]</div>

I think the low turnout is due to the fact that wee pri owners have such hip and interesting lives that we have difficulty fitting in a pri-geek meeting. Oh, I guess that was kinda speaking for myself ;) LOL.

I hope to make the next one. I'm 1 for 2 since taking the red pill...

Mark

(Wee Pri shout out to Ruff!!!) Goooo Wee Racer!

17. forman

forman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zibu @ Apr 8 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]419869[/snapback]</div>

You might post on the Bay Area yahoo group.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bay_Area_Prius_fans/

18. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zibu @ Apr 8 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]419869[/snapback]</div>
    Can we tell I've not been paying much attention lately? WeeRacer(s) is/are in VERY low gear lately. Maybe I need some of them red pills... :eek:

19. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: New Meet Date - March 10, 2007

OK Kiddlywinks (Hi Cobra)...

Any potential new meets to come?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.